Creepiest Movie Ever!

Mr Devco

Reaction score
Yeah It's Called The Frighteners and it's directed by peter Jackson before the Lord of the Ring Days. Back when I liked his movies

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yeah It's Called The Frighteners and it's directed by peter Jackson before the Lord of the Ring Days. Back when I liked his movies
I just checked it out on IMDB, that's definately it! I remember renting it but I always thought it was older than that. It was pretty scary! I had no idea it was Peter Jackson, though that explains why LOTR is really gory.

jediX

Reaction score
As for "weird with a lack of nudity and/or gore" I nominate "Moulin Rouge." I only watched it because a girl I liked was a big fan, and that one time was more than enough for me. ...yeah.

Its not so much violence in horror movies that weirds me out but rather naked old people (why do they have to put that in horror movies?). "Rosemary's Baby" has a rather bizarre scene involving this in mass quantity that I can't explain on here otherwise I'll likely get a stern PM from one of the mods, but if you've seen the movie, you'll know what I'm talking about.

And who could forget (unfortunately) the scene in "The Shining" (Kubrick version) where Jack is kissing the woman that turns into a totally nude corpse hag. Seeing that scene once was more than enough for one lifetime.

I could probably list various other scenes in horror movies that weirded me out, such as a certain scene with Buffalo Bill in "Silence of the Lambs" or something that goes down in "Red Dragon," but I think this post has pretty much pushed the acceptability barriers of horror movie discussion for MC. :concern:

Mr Devco

Reaction score
I just checked it out on IMDB, that's definately it! I remember renting it but I always thought it was older than that. It was pretty scary! I had no idea it was Peter Jackson, though that explains why LOTR is really gory.
Thats nothing compared to Bad Taste Dead Alive (Briandead in the UK) or Meet the Feebles (The Muppet Show But No Morals and Ruthless)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was watching bits and pieces of the Diane Arbus biopic last night... wow... hmm...

I wonder if that helped Allan Arbus get the role of Sidney Freedman on M*A*S*H? Speaking of which, they could've gotten someone who actually looks like Allan, but they didn't, lol.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
The Fly and The Fly 2.

Anybody remember what those scientists did with the dog in The Fly 2?

Oh the horror!

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Hugga Bunch movie. Not for the dolls themselves (which I thought were cute) but everything else :embarrassed:
Whoa! You mean those things warranted a movie? pleas tell me it was DTV, and not theatrically released! I didn't know they were that popular.

And yes... not only is that creepy, but that Witch just broke any number of copyright laws.

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
I think what creeps me out is that they are making 'Twilight' into a movie. That just sends me into permanant freak out mode because I read the first three books and while the first book was okay, I really did not like the last two.

I'm a big time 'Harry Potter' fan, and this whole idea that 'Twilight' as being the next 'Harry Potter' totally gives me the heebie-jeebies. I thought initially that the movie would be great, but after thinking about it, the whole concept scares me.

Oh well, it's not even out yet, and I'm already creeped by it...not a good sign. :frown:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Whoa! You mean those things warranted a movie? pleas tell me it was DTV, and not theatrically released! I didn't know they were that popular.

And yes... not only is that creepy, but that Witch just broke any number of copyright laws.
Wiki:
The Hugga Bunch was a 1980s toy line. The backstory of the character was they were cute characters who lived in a place called "Huggaland" and loved being hugged. The line also inspired a Primetime Emmy Award winning made-for-TV movie.
Award winning for making nightmares IMHO :sympathy:. Keep in mind it still frightened me when I was 12+ years old to, most of all the witch dying scene when the glass went down on her fingers:eek:...
I liked the puppets used in the movie more than the real dolls though...