Creating Doglion Puppet/Costume

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
not to contest your sources comment or create a arguemnet , but Natural Fibers and furs along with leather and suede and Feathers are all used in the creation of Muppets both old and new,This is not to say that exotic animals are killed to make puppets, but rather products that are used in the Garment industry like these are all used to build puppets , here are some ideas of what im talking about

http://www.leathersuedeskins.com/index02.html

or

http://www.leathersuedeskins.com/index02.html

Yak hair is also used , as is Rabbit pelt,

its common practice in both the special effects industry as well as the puppet building industry.

now are they built completely out of these materials, no, clearly not, but they are used to accent some puppets,

now in the 1970's when dog lion was built , good faux furs were not as readily availible, so natural pelts would be used, and even today the best natural fibers do not always compare to the real deal, i have yet to see any company make fake feathers,

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
No argument here. It was in Jim's handwriting, so I assumed it was correct. Just because he wrote it doesn't mean they made it that way, of course. After all, seeing designs and then seeing the final made Muppets is proof evident that things changed, right?

Can we post those links at the resource thread? Some of that stuff is beautiful.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
please feel free to list them, they ahve agreat selection, i have shopped thier afew times, one fo the good thing being so close to NYC , selection like you wouldnt believe

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Which is one of the bad things about being in Memphis: All the blues and BBQ you could want, but MAN! are we lacking in puppetry related stuff! We have NO good fur outlets around here, except what is online.