"Crash and Bernstein" puppet show debuts on Disney XD

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Just Watched It, Yeaaaahhhh, They Could've Done A Bit Better!! It Feels Like Recycled Plots From Other It's A Laugh Disney XD Shows But Only With A Puppet, All I Could Say IS It's Not Good, It's Not Great, It's Just Decent!! And That's All I Could Say About This Premiere, And If They Wanted Crash To Destroy Things, They've Could've Just With Crash Being Like Crazy Harry, No Biggie, But Nope, They Didn't, They Made Him Look... Like Walter!!, Yeaaaaahhhhh, I Really Do Hate Saying That! Espeially To A Great Muppet! Now This Has No Offence To Crazy Harry Fans, And I DO Like Crazy Harry, On Which They Could've Built The Puppet Designs Like!! But Nope They Made Look Like, Well, You Know Who Already!! And The Last Thing I'm Going TO SAY IS... That I'd Give It A 6.5/10!!
Yeah, they did kinda make him look like Walter. And I kept forgetting it wasn't Walter. I wish he looked much different. I'm pretty annoyed by that.

Does anyone know who built this puppet? Was it the Muppet Workshop?

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Yeah, they did kinda make him look like Walter. And I kept forgetting it wasn't Walter. I wish he looked much different. I'm pretty annoyed by that.

Does anyone know who built this puppet? Was it the Muppet Workshop?
Nope, It Wasn't Puppet Heap (Who Currently Builds The Muppet Puppets)
It Was Built By Chiodo Brothers Productions, Inc,

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Here Are The Rating For This Week's Episode
OUCH!! For The Ratings At The Least, But Then Again, It DID Compete Against ESPN Football!!
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratin...-monday-night-football-369515/cable_20121008/
Crash & Bernstein - Disney XD
0.634 million viewers, #25; 0.083 million adults 18-49 (0.1 rating), #29

Read more at http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratings/2012/10/09/mondays-cable-ratings-espn-remains-untouchable-with-monday-night-football-369515/cable_20121008/#H4zmbU0f5fWPVJ1e.99

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
BTW, the first episode is free on iTunes for now. But it'll be taken down soon, so grab the opportunity now.

I don't want to call the show decent, but I am just glad Disney is doing a show like this. And hey! Who knows? It might even attract more kids to the Muppets. (I hope it does)
All the greatness of the show obviously comes from Crash, who is almost Muppet-style. Everything around Crash seems to be extremely stupid. All that "Guy stuff" humor. All just plain stupid.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I watched the first episode. I think it's okay. I wouldn't want to record it on my DVR, but I would certainly watch when it comes on.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I watched the first episode online. Well...part of it. Up until the puppet headbutts the kid. By that time I'd seen quite enough and hit the back button.

The family is annoying and cliche. Crash is Walter with "attitude" in place of charm and craftsmanship. I don't find anything aout the show funny.

It could be worse. It's a Disney production, so they could conceivably have had actual Muppets. That would have hurt.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I watched the first episode online. Well...part of it. Up until the puppet headbutts the kid. By that time I'd seen quite enough and hit the back button.
That's more than I'd bother. I watched the promo and actually wanted to see it up until the Puppet farts at the end.

I'm glad they're trying with other puppet venues, but if we're getting an extreme 'tude show for 10 year olds, count me out. I'd rather see the Muppet viral videos start up again. It's like once the movie came out on DVD, they just stopped really caring.

Animal31

Reaction score
I really have no desire to watch this (some of the Disney XD shows aren't THAT bad; I kinda like Pair of Kings and Lab Rats [the extent I've seen of it]). But I have one question: Did the "Crash" puppet the boy bought come with arm rods, otherwise the clip I saw had them in (which is odd since Disney has been removing them), which doesn't make him believable as a full sentient being.

Am I thinking too much about it?
Honestly, I think there is too much thought going into this over the arm rods. Why hide them? It's part of puppetry, no? If you want them to start doing that, then they might as well use a CGI image rather than a puppet in the first place...

It's a show about a puppet, why do we have to be convinced it's a sentient being at all?