Crank Yankers

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hay,

I think Muley has a photo as DRACMULA at www.midsouthcartoonists.com in the photo gallery.

http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL6/121440/407634/5511769.ptp

See if that link works to get you to it. That's one of Muley's alter-egos he likes to play...it scares his friend Buford the Dog!!

He made a few short appearances at the Haunted House last year.

I also *heard* as we talked about this year's haunted attraction that a few other stations are putting in actual bids to try to gain a sponsorship place in the haunted house...that they WANT to give money to the deal because it was so big of a success last year.

We were discussing the attractions for the inside after viewing the location today...I think we're going to beat last year's and it will be more fun and scarier, too! oooooooo...i get chills thinking about it! LOL!

later on!
FOZ

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Cool pic! Just got back from the puppet guild meeting and it's getting me excited about builiding something. It will likely have to wait till winter or so, but I wanna make a puppet!

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Cool pic! Just got back from the puppet guild meeting and it's getting me excited about builiding something. It will likely have to wait till winter or so, but I wanna make a puppet!
Jamie,
Martha Stewart might suggest getting out a small brown sandwich paper bag. First Iton out any wrinkles with your small Iron. Then, with a fresh sharp tipped Magic Marker, draw two small circles on the bottom flap for the eyes, or if you prefer, you can glue on two google eyes. Then get out your handy dandy glue gun, and apply a small pom pom for the nose (careful not to burn yourself or the bag). If you invest in a red magic marker you can then paint on a tongue, and lips if you want a female puppet. Add glitter far added effect. Yarn oan other items can used for added decorative appeal as well, such as hair or ears. Then unfold the bad, place your hand inside, and you have created your very own puppet! Prep time is 5 minutes, and the whole project takes less then an hour, so get cracking, there's no need to wait until Winter.
It's a good thing! :big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I like to play with glitter. Actually, I'm just too busy working on sites (including this one) and my portfolio so everything else is being pushed back to the fall. Here's a very rough prototype of an interactive puppet I've been working on:

www.jamesvier.com/amm/3dtest.html

Be kind, this is just in the conceptual phase. Intructions - roll the mouse over items on the page including the character (up, down, left, right) and pan the volume. Click the character to read his cheesy lines which are dragable and closeble.

radionate

Reaction score
I like to play with glitter. Actually, I'm just too busy working on sites (including this one) and my portfolio so everything else is being pushed back to the fall. Here's a very rough prototype of an interactive puppet I've been working on:

www.jamesvier.com/amm/3dtest.html

Be kind, this is just in the conceptual phase. Intructions - roll the mouse over items on the page including the character (up, down, left, right) and pan the volume. Click the character to read his cheesy lines which are dragable and closeble.
Jamie,

It's awsome! I've attempted to create a website for our local community theater company, but I gave up. I'm just not computer friendly. You should be proud of the "conceptual phase" puppet!!!!!!! You know what it needs though? Glitter. and Cyndi playing in the background. And more cheesy lines. I don't want to know how you got those, but he needs more!!!:cool:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanx, I'll put in some more lines. I want to make him dragable and put in some articulation with the evebrows and pupils [maybe use key controls]. This will mean a new sculpt import etc. I'm also considering using sound clips instead of the bubbles. I'm just not a voice-guy and I don't quite know how the guy will sound yet. I'd also like to add some friends for him to play with and more stuff in the background. I have already devised most of a virtual tour in Director (I hate Director) but I'm not sure if I'll use it.

radionate

Reaction score
Thanx, I'll put in some more lines. I want to make him dragable and put in some articulation with the evebrows and pupils [maybe use key controls]. This will mean a new sculpt import etc. I'm also considering using sound clips instead of the bubbles. I'm just not a voice-guy and I don't quite know how the guy will sound yet. I'd also like to add some friends for him to play with and more stuff in the background. I have already devised most of a virtual tour in Director (I hate Director) but I'm not sure if I'll use it.
Making him talk would be awsome. At first I thought he was supposed to say the lines, but then I realized it wasn't the case. I'm sure if you need voice people, you wouldn't have any trouble finding folks on here (what with all the puppeteers, tv, radio, etc folks). I just don't know what kind of file you would need for vocals (MP3? WAV?). Let me know if ya need voice help/have questions.

Eyebrow and Pupil articulation would be pretty neat too. Having some of the other Cross Breeds there to talk to, would be even better!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I can work with both file formats. It's just figuring out what he sounds like that's the problem.

Trace is a dog in his early 20s so his voice should reflect that. I was thinking he might havethe young, cracked nature of Michael J. Fox's voice tempered with someone kind of mod. These really aren't goofy-type characters so nothing really over the top.

I would appreciate anyone who'd like to help me in this. It wouldn't require much and there would certainly be a credit. I would script like 5 quick sound bites. This is all in the months to come, but I'd like a better prototype funcioning by August. I'll hold a casting call if anyone out there is interested. I have no money, but as I have said - you would receive a mention in the credit sequence if it is used. I'll have to work up some bios for the characters.

radionate

Reaction score
Trace is a dog in his early 20s so his voice should reflect that. I was thinking he might havethe young, cracked nature of Michael J. Fox's voice tempered with someone kind of mod. These really aren't goofy-type characters so nothing really over the top.

I would appreciate anyone who'd like to help me in this. It wouldn't require much and there would certainly be a credit. I would script like 5 quick sound bites.
I'm down for it Jamie. Casting Calls are my life!!!!! Keep us posted.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by FOZZI3B3AR
I think Muley has a photo as DRACMULA at www.midsouthcartoonists.com in the photo gallery.
That's one of Muley's alter-egos he likes to play...it scares his friend Buford the Dog!!

He made a few short appearances at the Haunted House last year.

I also *heard* as we talked about this year's haunted attraction that a few other stations are putting in actual bids to try to gain a sponsorship place in the haunted house...that they WANT to give money to the deal because it was so big of a success last year.

We were discussing the attractions for the inside after viewing the location today...I think we're going to beat last year's and it will be more fun and scarier, too! oooooooo...i get chills thinking about it! LOL!
Well in all honesty, I'm a chicken, and have been to only one haunted house (besides WDW and Disneyland in my life). Maybe I'll work up the courage to go this year. hopefully we'll sponser it, but I have no idea, as thats behind the scenes stuff I'm rarely involved in.