Cover Art for UK's Very Best of TMS Vol. 3

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
mattyboy said:
Maybe it's not '30 years special' but it could be a 50-minute compilation of the best bits of the muppet show like the other two DVD's, because the 3 episodes and 'Muppet Fairy Tales' are listed as 'Special Features.'
It could be but the previous 2 DVDs were of course the 50 minute compilations that had previously been available on VHS for some time - but they were only ever two "Very Best of..." compilations done so it's debatable whether it would be worth Columia TriStar's time and indeed money putting together an all new third compilation for this DVD.

Plus I believe it was play.com that first listed the Celebration of 30 Years as being included and they were also the first site (in fact I think they're still the only site!) to have a scan of the cover. They're very rarely off the mark so I'm willing to believe their description is accurate.

Anyway I guess we'll all find out in a few short weeks...

mattyboy

Reaction score
Oh well, I mean looking at play.com they listed the episodes and the 'Muppet Fairy Tales' but seems to be no mention of the '30 years special' but only in a brief summary. I don't think it was likely to be released because I would assume that it must of been re-released on video before something like that would happy. It is a shame for the people who don't have the special from the 1986 release on video.

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
MuppetDanny said:
blackstar.co.uk has listed the third voulme and NO 30yrs Special :sympathy:
They also have the running time listed as the aforementioned 150 minutes too... which is too long to be just three episodes & the 2nd Muppet Fairy Tales. Notice they say "Includes: " - my guess is the 30 Years special is the main feature the rest are the extra features... again, we'll find out soon enough! :smile:

Douglas Fir

Reaction score

King Prawn

Reaction score
Douglas Fir said:
They also have the running time listed as the aforementioned 150 minutes too... which is too long to be just three episodes & the 2nd Muppet Fairy Tales. Notice they say "Includes: " - my guess is the 30 Years special is the main feature the rest are the extra features... again, we'll find out soon enough! :smile:
That's exactly what I though, there's still a godd 40 minutes left in there somewhere and notice how under special features Blackstar lists none, I think they've gotten thing's the wrong way round and what they still don't know is what the main feature is. Which is funny in a way, we're all going to buy this not knowing what it's about.

It also does make sense to have the £0 Years special ad the main feature since it's also a compliation (sp?) although not neccesarily from TMS. Anyway as you say we'll see soon enough.

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
Well I couldn't decide whether to buy this online or wait until it came out and pick it up... but I cracked this morning and ordered it at play.com (£14.99 delivered)... it showed up as In Stock as soon as I placed my order and the posted shortly afterwards!

So hopefully I'll get this in the post on Monday but if anyone here gets it first please post here to let eveyone know for definate what's on it! I still have my fingers crossed for the 30 years special being included... and I figure if it isn't and I don't like the DVD I can complain to Play as they still have it listed as including the special! :wink:

anathema

Reaction score
My brother's copy has arrived, and he confirms that the disc contains only the three TMS and three Fairy Tales and a game. Nothing else.

King Prawn

Reaction score
That's too bad, I was really looking forward to the 30 Year Special.

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
anathema said:
My brother's copy has arrived, and he confirms that the disc contains only the three TMS and three Fairy Tales and a game. Nothing else.
:grouchy: oh well!