Could Between the Lions ever come back?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I have a question about something BTL related. Remember when I mentioned before that overall this show scared me? Well there was one other character in addition to the monkeys and pigeons that made it more watchable to me. In fact, I absolutely loved this character and have nothing but good memories of them. But sadly, I can't find any evidence that they exist:

I vividly remember a little female puppy from Between the Lions. She was brown, had blonde hair, and wore a pink dress. I believe her role in the show was that of Lionel's best friend. Being a lifelong dog lover, this character was without a doubt my favorite one. It also seemed very cute to me that she was best friends with a lion, because even at that young age I knew that dogs and cats don't normally get along. The closest I've been able to find is some character named Lindy from another show called Allegra's Window. I know it wasn't her though because Lindy is a little too yellow and wore a green dress completely contradicting what I remember this character to look like. I also clearly remember her hanging out with Lionel, which throws the theory that I'm confusing it for a different show out the window.

It's almost starting to creep me out that I can't find anything about her. In fact, I KNOW she existed for this reason. One time, I remember my family and I going to this local knockoff of Chuck E. Cheese's and I found a little stuffed animal up there with the prizes that looked a lot like her. It wasn't really supposed to be her but I wouldn't be surprised if whoever made that toy had at least some creative inspiration. Because of who it reminded me of, I instantly fell in love with that plush and spent the whole time playing games until I could win enough tickets to get it. I still have it to this day actually.

So please assure me I'm not going crazy. While my memories have enough evidence to prove the character's existence, I can't find any actual videos, pictures, or even mentions of this adorable puppy anywhere on the Internet. I actually got really excited a while back when I found a Between the Lions video titled Grubby Pup, thinking it would be about her. Turns out it was just a cartoon song about a stuffed dog that got my hopes up for nothing lol.

salemfan

Reaction score
I have a question about something BTL related. Remember when I mentioned before that overall this show scared me? Well there was one other character in addition to the monkeys and pigeons that made it more watchable to me. In fact, I absolutely loved this character and have nothing but good memories of them. But sadly, I can't find any evidence that they exist:

I vividly remember a little female puppy from Between the Lions. She was brown, had blonde hair, and wore a pink dress. I believe her role in the show was that of Lionel's best friend. Being a lifelong dog lover, this character was without a doubt my favorite one. It also seemed very cute to me that she was best friends with a lion, because even at that young age I knew that dogs and cats don't normally get along. The closest I've been able to find is some character named Lindy from another show called Allegra's Window. I know it wasn't her though because Lindy is a little too yellow and wore a green dress completely contradicting what I remember this character to look like. I also clearly remember her hanging out with Lionel, which throws the theory that I'm confusing it for a different show out the window.

It's almost starting to creep me out that I can't find anything about her. In fact, I KNOW she existed for this reason. One time, I remember my family and I going to this local knockoff of Chuck E. Cheese's and I found a little stuffed animal up there with the prizes that looked a lot like her. It wasn't really supposed to be her but I wouldn't be surprised if whoever made that toy had at least some creative inspiration. Because of who it reminded me of, I instantly fell in love with that plush and spent the whole time playing games until I could win enough tickets to get it. I still have it to this day actually.

So please assure me I'm not going crazy. While my memories have enough evidence to prove the character's existence, I can't find any actual videos, pictures, or even mentions of this adorable puppy anywhere on the Internet. I actually got really excited a while back when I found a Between the Lions video titled Grubby Pup, thinking it would be about her. Turns out it was just a cartoon song about a stuffed dog that got my hopes up for nothing lol.
Here's the YouTube video with the character you inquired about:
Kayree, the Cajun Hound Dog - YouTube

Also, to CoolGuy1013, from a previous post, please understand I am on the autistic spectrum. The fanfiction I wrote a while back that was perceived as nonsensical was only from a weird dream that I had.
I hope you will enjoy the YouTube video I posted above in response to Flaky Pudding's inquiry.

Last edited:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score

Also, to CoolGuy1013, from a previous post, please understand I am on the autistic spectrum. The fanfiction I wrote a while back that was perceived as nonsensical was only from a weird dream that I had.
I hope you will enjoy the YouTube video I posted above in response to Flaky Pudding's inquiry.
Thank you so much! That's totally the one I remember! No wonder I forgot the name though, Kayree is about as uncommon a name I can think of lol.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score

Oh, thanks for clarifying.
And yes, I’ve seen that video. It’s probably one of the only season 8 episodes available.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Great news! I just heard that Chris Cerf and the US Department of Education are planning to bring BTL into elementary schools. Could this be the key to finding the rest of the series?

Jared DiCarlo

Reaction score
Great news! I just heard that Chris Cerf and the US Department of Education are planning to bring BTL into elementary schools. Could this be the key to finding the rest of the series?
Well, they’ve succeeded in doing that. They’ve repackaged the series into short 10-15 segments called “Reading Between the Lions”, one of which you can see here:
Note that this one includes a scene from one of the missing episodes. There’s also a bunch of non-BTL stuff in it that I don’t know the origins of.

Theo and Cleo also recently appeared at the 2021 ED Games Expo. The puppets have been totally rebuilt, but Linz and Barnhart still have their great chemistry intact.