Could Between the Lions ever come back?

salemfan

Reaction score
Disney wouldn’t give the rights to Darkwing Duck to a PBS Kids show.
But would the rightsholders to Between the Lions give the rights to Between the Lions to Disney?
By the way, did you know that Bill Nye the Science Guy, which was a PBS show, was owned by Disney?

salemfan

Reaction score
No way in 7734 that’s happening.

You think weird things.
Why was what I imagined weird? I called a BTL reboot an unlikely event, I was just addressing that fictional characters usually don't age, even if they get rebooted.

salemfan

Reaction score
Your thing sounds like a total nonsensical fanfiction, first of all, Disney wouldn’t give the rights to Darkwing Duck to a PBS Kids show.
I agree-when Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Xmas was released to DVD, Disney wouldn't give the rights to Kermit the Frog (who originally appeared in that movie) for any price to the Jim Henson Company who continued to own the rights to Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Xmas after selling Kermit to Disney. (Find the article in the archive of Muppet Central News.) But why did Disney give the rights to Kermit to Sesame Workshop so they could include Kermit in the "Frogs" episode of Elmo's World after not only had Sesame Street (not affiliated with Between the Lions) lost its affiliations with the Jim Henson Company, but the Jim Henson Company had sold its rights to Kermit?
But wait a minute-it just so happens that this thread started with the idea of the rights to BTL being sold to Sesame Workshop, and other people here on this forum happen to have wondered if Disney would buy the rights to the unaffiliated Sesame Street.

Last edited:

salemfan

Reaction score
I read in the description of the Between the Lions episode "Red Parka Mary" that Leona has a friend named Sadie. What species of animal is Leona's friend Sadie?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It’s a regrettable fact of life that puppets wear out. Jim would be the first to say so. Fleece, foam rubber, and other materials show wear and tear after time. Same with 20-year-old lions.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
This seems like the kind of thread that always just dies until a certain someone with a love for windmill cookies pops in. :search: