Complete Fraggle Rock Music Collection - Let's Make it Happen!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Today on The Muppet Mindset, we've started a bunch of polls to garner support for a Complete Fraggle Rock Music Collection to be released via The Jim Henson Company. With enough positive fan support, there is an extremely good chance that a collection of high-quality Fraggle music could finally be released to the public.

Please take five minutes to cast your vote and let's show the world how much Fraggle music means to us!

http://themuppetmindset.blogspot.com/p/vote-for-fraggle-music-on-cd.html

Drtooth

Reaction score
This sounds like a tall order (I voted) but it could also very well be a possibility.

The question is, do the recordings still exist? If so, all they need to do is enhance them and fix them up so they don't sound like they aged. If not, all the episodes are on DVD, right? That means they should be digitally archived as well. Then, all it is a matter of going into the episodes and pulling the songs out and using that as its source... with of course the obvious computer patch ups, and seeing if they have the ability to take out sound effects and bits of dialogue at parts of the song.

The one thing is, we're talking about a show with 96 episodes that has 2 songs in an episode as an average. If that's the case, volumes will have to be the way to go. There's got to be almost 200 songs, and most CD's only have 20 tracks at most. But then again, there are a LOT of songs that are pretty short. The Simpsons soundtrack CD's (not to be confused with original song CD's like Simpsons Sing the Blues or the Yellow Album) had upwards of almost 40 tracks, and most of them were a minute or less... sometimes a matter of seconds.

It CAN be done, and I think it should... but we should freak if it gets pretty expensive.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
... it is a matter of going into the episodes and pulling the songs out and using that as its source...
That's exactly what I did myself actually. I used an MP3 extractor, burned DVD of the Fraggle Rock episodes (which I made as a back-up before I purchased the complete series set as my back-up), and some MP3 editing software. Ripped every song right from the show. It took me weeks to complete, but they turned out great. There's 206 tracks in total, divided across 4 volumes (which fit perfectly on a standard 80 minute CD-R). The sound quality is really good IMO. Perhaps not quite as clear as a professional studio would be able to provide, but I didn't have that type of equipment at my disposal.

That said, I'd be delighted to purchase an official release of the entire Fraggle Rock song collection if they ever put on out, but if not, my current collection will do just fine.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's exactly what I did myself actually. I used an MP3 extractor, burned DVD of the Fraggle Rock episodes (which I made as a back-up before I purchased the complete series set as my back-up), and some MP3 editing software. Ripped every song right from the show. It took me weeks to complete, but they turned out great. There's 206 tracks in total, divided across 4 volumes (which fit perfectly on a standard 80 minute CD-R). The sound quality is really good IMO. Perhaps not quite as clear as a professional studio would be able to provide, but I didn't have that type of equipment at my disposal.
I really hope someone on this site did that to the animated series. The songs, granted, are not as good... but they do have interesting spins on the original versions...

beakerfan76

Reaction score
I agree with Dr. Tooth, but what do you expect with different voice actors? I enjoy listening to different versions of the songs myself (I believe a punk band did a cover of the main theme one time).

I wouldn't mind a complete song collection, as most of them, despite being pretty short as far as songs go, are pure ear candy, plain and simple. I'll say this, many of the puppeteers could carry a tune, not to mention there were some real toe-tappers (like Convincing John or Pass it On) mixed with some touching songs (Ragtime Queen comes to mind).

I would make some mp3s myself, but I do not have the tools and skills to do so. At least a sizable amount of them are on YouTube.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree with Dr. Tooth, but what do you expect with different voice actors? I enjoy listening to different versions of the songs myself (I believe a punk band did a cover of the main theme one time).
Some of them were very different twists on the ones from the show. I especially like the alternate Muck and Goo about Boober doing Laundry.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
That's exactly what I did myself actually. I used an MP3 extractor, burned DVD of the Fraggle Rock episodes (which I made as a back-up before I purchased the complete series set as my back-up), and some MP3 editing software. Ripped every song right from the show.
Now THAT is dedication :smile: I'd love a complete set, because many of my favorite songs are missing from the "limited" recent release.

Luke

Reaction score
I totally support this effort *raises hand in solidarity*