Coming Soon: Sesame Street Season 45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
From what I've read, "Star S'mores" will have quite possibly the best Muppeteer in-joke ever.

Drtooth

Reaction score
From what I've read, "Star S'mores" will have quite possibly the best Muppeteer in-joke ever.
Lemme guess. The press release page ruins it?

Cuz it has a certain photo that spoils an otherwise clever surprise.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Thought so...

UGHHHH!!!! They couldn't have put a not spoilery image?

Still really looking forward to it, though. Hope it's not on an episode late in the season.

C to the J

Reaction score
It's rather odd that some parodies are based on "adult" shows and songs, I mean many things that were parodied in the '70s and '80s were family-oriented.

And my predictions? 70% of male-sounding anything/animal/food Muppets will be performed by Joey Mazzarino, and 80% of female-sounding anything/animal/food Muppets will be performed by Leslie Carrara-Rudolph. Those voices are common and easy to recognize, even when some voices sound nothing like each other.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
And my predictions? 70% of male-sounding anything/animal/food Muppets will be performed by Joey Mazzarino, and 80% of female-sounding anything/animal/food Muppets will be performed by Leslie Carrara-Rudolph. Those voices are common and easy to recognize, even when some voices sound nothing like each other.
Yeah...pretty much. I don't hate them, but overuse with a limited range is a tad noticeable (though Joey's got a number of voices he doesn't really use often).

I'd like to hear more of Ryan Dillion as an ensemble performer. From what I've seen, he's got a nice range of character voices, but with him as Elmo, who knows if/when he'll be able to do them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's rather odd that some parodies are based on "adult" shows and songs, I mean many things that were parodied in the '70s and '80s were family-oriented.

Like Shaft? :rolleyes: How 'bout Barry White? That's very family friendly right there. Sesame Street did punk music at a time where punk when it was a moral panic. You can say the same thing about disco, actually.

Yeah...pretty much. I don't hate them, but overuse with a limited range is a tad noticeable (though Joey's got a number of voices he doesn't really use often).

I'd like to hear more of Ryan Dillion as an ensemble performer. From what I've seen, he's got a nice range of character voices, but with him as Elmo, who knows if/when he'll be able to do them.
I really don't get why SW is so cheap that they can't afford many puppeteers in a single episode. They have more than one female puppeteer, they just rarely get them all in. Like the Judy and the Beast episode... they had Abby and Judy was overdubbed or something with Leslie's voice. Really? Must be a budget thing.

And I agree about Ryan. But then again, Eric didn't do much outside of Frank Oz recasts for a while, and now he has several incidental characters under his belt. I hope to see a recurring original character come out of him some day, maybe the same for Ryan will be in the cards.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Some promos for the new season/afternoon version:

The last one uses footage from the "dance break" that's apparently going in the 30-minute version (and maybe the hour-long. I dunno, the press release is vague about that)

Status
Not open for further replies.