Coming Soon: Sesame Street Season 45

Status
Not open for further replies.

cahuenga

Reaction score
Thats you opinion...besides,, if they really mind his attitude, do you think they would show disapprove in public? and he is head writer of the show...they have to get along with him..

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Taking Anthony's advice...

Inspired by how The Count (MC's moderator) noted how "Numericon" is the street story from this season he looks forward to the most, I'd like to ask the rest of you guys: What street story (or stories) from Season 45 are you looking forward to the most?

Most of the episodes from this season look awesome indeed, but the story I look forward to the most is "Ernie's Dance Video", not so much because it's an Ernie centered story, but because it looks like there's gonna be a huge cast ensemble there! I always enjoy episodes that have a good number of characters involved- both human and Muppet!

Feel free to have your say on which street story (or stories) you look forward to the most this season.

cahuenga

Reaction score
Taking Anthony's advice...

Inspired by how The Count (MC's moderator) noted how "Numericon" is the street story from this season he looks forward to the most, I'd like to ask the rest of you guys: What street story (or stories) from Season 45 are you looking forward to the most?

Most of the episodes from this season look awesome indeed, but the story I look forward to the most is "Ernie's Dance Video", not so much because it's an Ernie centered story, but because it looks like there's gonna be a huge cast ensemble there! I always enjoy episodes that have a good number of characters involved- both human and Muppet!

Feel free to have your say on which street story (or stories) you look forward to the most this season.
Im waiting for "Ernie's Dance Video" too and for "Big bird loses his nest" and "Grover does it all" episodes, besides, I think the "Cookie heps Prairie get equal" and "Game of chairs" spoofs would be Frank Oz´s clips for this season..so I´m looking foward these two too.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Im waiting for "Ernie's Dance Video" too and for "Big bird loses his nest" and "Grover does it all" episodes, besides, I think the "Cookie heps Prairie get equal" and "Game of chairs" spoofs would be Frank Oz´s clips for this season..so I´m looking foward these two too.
I doubt Frank did the Cookie/Prairie bit. The regular inserts, I'm almost certain, in the same sessions as the street stories. The spoofs have recently been shot in the spring.

I could imagine Frank being in the Game of Thrones bit, but we'll have to wait and see.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I almost want to think that they're going to do more Hidden Gems for this season. Here's a photo I found in a USA Today article. (Look on the middle newspaper's front page.)

I know this may be a regular old inside joke, but it's just a small thought that occurred to me when I read the article. To anyone interested: http://www.usatoday.com/story/popcandy/2014/07/29/sesame-street-set/13312571/

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That newspaper was actually seen in season 42, so it's not a "hidden gem."

Drtooth

Reaction score
I do see what you're saying. Now, I'm not really desperate to see this happen, but I can't help but wondering to myself how an Abby and Prairie Dawn pairing would work out.
There are a lot of characters that rarely or never interact. It's strange that two heavy hitter characters were never shoehorned into a segment together. Especially since Abby is pretty much their girl's merchandising character cash cow. Plus, it would be great to see her interact with more characters other than Elmo.

What I really would want is a Mumford and Abby skit. Jerry's characters have been recast, seems like as good a time as any.

On another note, regarding what you said about the fact that they're glossing over Season 45 being an anniversary season, I agree. The only thing they have for people of all ages so far is an exhibit at the Brooklyn Public Library, that I'm pretty sure a lot of us can't afford to attend right now. Sesame Workshop better have some special things planned for the big 50 in 2019...
I'm disappointed we didn't have a special for the 40th, but we managed to get a couple of great books, a DVD, and those Easter Eggs in the season itself. Doesn't sound like they're bothering at all with this one. I hope to be pleasantly surprised, but it just seems that they're skipping this opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.