Come up with an idea for a Muppet Skit!!!

grail

Reaction score
yeah...it's the Hasselhoff one...which is WHY i havn't seen it...didn't John Sebastian do the role for awhile?

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
yeah...it's the Hasselhoff one...which is WHY i havn't seen it...didn't John Sebastian do the role for awhile?
Yeah, he did. He came in after Cuciolli left. Of all the versions of J&H I want to see, the version with Cuciolli is it.

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Hey, I'm a musical junkie too. In fact, I could prolly cast the Muppets in just about any show except for "Cats"...too many DOGS, FROGS, PIGS, and CHICKENS to pull off a credible version of CATS!

I came up with an idea casting the Muppets in Joseph characters a while back, as well as for "RENT":

Mark/Floyd
Roger/Dr. Teeth
Benny/Bert (courtesy of my girlfriend)
Mimi/Janice
Collins/Wembley
Angel/Gonzo

BigSPEEGS

Reaction score
Originally posted by Skeeter Muppet
Now the musical I REALLY wanna see is Jekyll and Hyde; so far I own just the Concept and Original Broadway cast soundtracks.

Oy vey. I told you I did the show in my school, right? Me personally, I'm really not a big fan of it. The music is good, but the lyrics are (IMHO) pathetic and waaaaay too obvious. Oh, and the song "Facade" makes me want to break things. :wink: But to each his/her own, right? :big_grin:

-SPEEGS

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by BigSPEEGS
Oy vey. I told you I did the show in my school, right? Me personally, I'm really not a big fan of it. The music is good, but the lyrics are (IMHO) pathetic and waaaaay too obvious. Oh, and the song "Facade" makes me want to break things. :wink: But to each his/her own, right? :big_grin:

-SPEEGS
Yes, you told me. And thank you for ending with the "to each his/her own" line, otherwise I would have been the one breaking things :wink:

Something else I can see the Muppets doing, although this would probably be more along the lines of a number with a guest star, is the David Bowie/Bing Crosby "Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth" duet. It's a really very pretty tune (and the monologue before it is kewl).

Hmm, lessee... If Wayne and Wanda hadn't been fired, I can see them singing "I've Got You, Babe" and something disasterous happening to them about 1/3 of the way into the song.

Or better yet, Floyd and Janice singing "I've Got You, Babe." :big_grin:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Speaking of Electric Mayhem and folk collaborations, when I first heard the song "Sweet City Woman" I immediately thought of the Muppet jug-band doing the song with the Electric Mayhem.

Also, the more I hear the Doobie Brothers' "Black Water" the more I think that sounds like a potential jug-band/Electric Mayhem collaboration.

More ideas:

a big monster (Behemoth or Gorgon Heap) singing "A Cup of Tea, A Cookie, and You". Sick, aren't I?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

BigSPEEGS

Reaction score
Or better yet, Floyd and Janice singing "I've Got You, Babe." :big_grin:

What a great idea!!!

There was a fanfiction on the main site somewhere about Rowlf and Dr. Teeth singing "What A Wonderful World"... that would be terriffic.

What about the Muppets doing the "Time Warp"? How well do you think that would work out? :big_grin:

-SPEEGS

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by BigSPEEGS
What a great idea!!!
Yeah, I have those now and again. :wink:

There was a fanfiction on the main site somewhere about Rowlf and Dr. Teeth singing "What A Wonderful World"... that would be terriffic.
Yeah, it was in with the "Rarely Seen Muppets" part of the Articles section. I think it might have been in Dr. Teeth's article.

What about the Muppets doing the "Time Warp"? How well do you think that would work out? :big_grin:

-SPEEGS
*grins* Well first we'd have to see which Muppet looks the best as a cross-dressing mad scientist...or else just get Tim Curry to guest star.

-Kim

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
*grins* Well first we'd have to see which Muppet looks the best as a cross-dressing mad scientist...or else just get Tim Curry to guest star.
I'm sort of working on a Muppet RHPS crossover, and Gonzo is starring! :concern: I made him Frank N. Furter because "I'm going home" reminds me of "I'm going to go back there someday"

:crazy: :sing: