College, Anyone?

brian

Reaction score
it is an "internship" so they say. However, they "reserve the right to use you in any part of the WDW Resort" as they wish.

It is pretty much being at the absolute bottom of the food chain. You are treated worse than all other employees, its just a terrible deal.

Now dont get me wrong, there are many people who have gone thru the program and loved it with passion, several of my friends did. These people are usually the pre-existing disney fanatics.

I had some disney inside of me, but not enough to look past the job that i was doing, and the way I was treated.

I have a lengthy diary of my story of my college program, I would be more than happy to share it with ya, or anyone, who would like to see it.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Southeastern Louisiana University. Proud of it, too, so don't be messin' w/the Louisiana girl. :wink: I'm actually going to be able to graduate in a year and half, which means I'll have finished in 3 1/2 years. However, I'm getting my PhD, probably at Catholic University in Washington, D.C, in order to become an English professor. In short, I'll be in college until I DIE.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Manda:-D said:
Southeastern Louisiana University. Proud of it, too, so don't be messin' w/the Louisiana girl. :wink: I'm actually going to be able to graduate in a year and half, which means I'll have finished in 3 1/2 years. However, I'm getting my PhD, probably at Catholic University in Washington, D.C, in order to become an English professor. In short, I'll be in college until I DIE.
Wow- Manda- havent seen you in a LONG time! I MISSED YOU!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Well...I just bombed out of college as of last Monday. :cry:

Not sure what to tell the folks, cause...I'll be raked over the coals for what I did, and what happened.

[I missed too many classes, cause I was goofing off in the libary, on MC of all things, posting and reading, and not going to classes, so I was dropped from all three of my classes.]

Timotheus

Reaction score
Sometimes parents can be more understanding than you think. I don't know the situation though, so I guess I can't say or make predictions. Here's hoping and praying you don't get raked.
I'm a student out at Lincoln Christian College in Lincoln (about 45 minutes northwest of Springfield, I think...it's out in the middle of the corn). I just switched majors last semester from music to undeclared...I'm on my way to another school once I find it, since I wanna do disability work with music.
Anybody else at a school that's surrounded by corn?

EasyBeinGreen

Reaction score
Timotheus said:
Sometimes parents can be more understanding than you think. I don't know the situation though, so I guess I can't say or make predictions. Here's hoping and praying you don't get raked.
I'm a student out at Lincoln Christian College in Lincoln (about 45 minutes northwest of Springfield, I think...it's out in the middle of the corn). I just switched majors last semester from music to undeclared...I'm on my way to another school once I find it, since I wanna do disability work with music.
Anybody else at a school that's surrounded by corn?
WOW! I have a friend who is currently at lincoln, one who just graduated and 2 of my previous youth ministers and their wives graduated from there. I visited lincoln and know all about the cornfield thing... its so flat and windy over there.

Tonichelle

Reaction score
I am currently attending the University of Alaska, Anchorage (ie UAA) and will hopefully be a part of their Journalism & Public Communications program next year (I bombed my first year so I'm basically trying to get out of a hole before applying to the JPC program)

I want to be a TV sports broadcast director/producer and start the first all figure skating network

if that doesn't work out, I plan on taking over Steven Spielberg's companies lol

oh yeah, and if I'm not sick of school once I graduate, I plan on attending Biola University to get a mastors in film ...

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
I'm at Tocca Falls College,(Toccoa, Ga) working on a degree in Mass Communication with a focus in television and a minor in music. For this summer I have an internship with Onewaystreet that I am soooo looking forward to.:smile:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
well....I'm now just going to the college for the laptop usage. I am the worst person ever...><

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
I'm personally going to Midlands Techinal College, in SC right now. I totally BOMBED my first semester. Soo, I'm probably just gonna get a job or something, if uh that's possible for me.
You knoe what, I was just attening there and live just down the street from it. Which campus do you attend?