Clifford's Guitar

jediX

Reaction score
I sent you the pics earlier this evening.

dmx10101

Reaction score
jediX said:
Here's what I have up of my guide. I have more episodes complete as well but they will not go up until I finish the series off :wink:

http://tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-10932/
That helped, when I hear Jim henson Hour, I think of kids siting around a person holding a big book for storytime. I guess that was a bit off on having to do with the show. I didn't know it aired so recently either, '89.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, thanks once again JediX. Got the E-mail and I read through it, though...
1 There are three pictures attached.
2 Are all of them of the "weird guitar" Clifford used in that musical number?
3 Are any of the three pics of Beard and/or the base guitar he used?
Just want to know to make sure what it is I'm viewing in the pics. Thank you once again, and I wish you luck on your exam and a Happy Birthday!

jediX

Reaction score
The bass that Beard uses in the Smokey Robinson song in the "Health & Fitness" episode is the same one that Clifford is using during "The Music Keeps Rolling Along". Attached were two of Clifford using the weird bass from TMKRA and Beard using a guitar from the same song. You cannot see what Clifford is playing during the Smokey Robinson song, but I guess it is the one that Beard is playing during TMKRA, which I attached a pic of.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK thanks JediX. So I got two pics of Beard, one with the guitar and another with the base; and one of Clifford with the base. Hmmm, what do you think about the following scheme for the extra guitar?
Brown body to make it look like Repaint Janice's.
Black-brownish edges.
White-gray or white or silver guitar neck and strings.
Grayish spot in the center of the guitar, as opposed to the yellowish amber spot in the center of Repaint Janice's.
LMK and hope this helps.

jediX

Reaction score
That should probably work. Follow the design of the Janice guitar w/ the appropriate color scheme and you should be fine. Now, if you want to do the weird bass, then you would be best to make it from scratch (or take the fretboard off the bass, make the body from scratch, and remove the head stock.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK then, thanks for the advice. Think we'll stick to a simple repaint though, that way I can hopefully have the work done and pics that much sooner to continue with my photo project.
Thank you very much for your help with this matter, and happy B-Day.

jediX

Reaction score
Not a problem. If you want any more guitar design help, let me know. Before starting something, check out the models on www.fender.com and see if any match the one in the picture before going off the Janice (it, indeed, is very close, but not exactly). I'll be home in about 3 hours and can check for myself. The only issue I can really see w/ using the p-bass Floyd guitar body is that its of the Stratocaster/p-bass style and the Janice guitar looks more like a Gretsch or Ibanez or something like that. I'll look when I get home.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, but that won't be necessary. The simple repaint will more than suffice for my needs/plans. But I do thank you for all your help so far.
Have a good B-Day.