Classic Sesame Street Outlines - Early 1980s Format

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I decided to create a new series of fantasy outlines for classic Sesame Street. But these outlines will follow the same format as if it were Seasons 13 through 15.

The format for my outlines will be as follows:

- Segments used in these outlines are strictly the ones used in Seasons 13 and 14. There will be nothing from post-Season 15, as I have had no interest in the show after that season. Segments which were retired by Season 13 (such as "The Bee Bee and Barker Family" and "Filmfair q") will not be featured.

- Episodes had a tendency to feature two sponsored letters per show. One letter had between 3 and 5 segments (a.k.a. majority letter) and the other letter - the minority letter - usually had no more than two segments. The number of segments for the episode's featured number can vary - I've seen episodes with four segments of the featured number, others had two or three. I realized there is a very limited number of segments for the number 10, as the same ones appear quite frequently, while the numbers 11 and 12 had more, surprisingly enough.

- Mr. Hooper will be involved in these outlines, which implies that these outlines were from no later than Season 14.

Also, regarding my outline production software that I planned on working on, that will still be going ahead. It's just that I had to categorize each segment by letter, number, opposite pair, word, body part, "Imagination", "Cooperation", animal film, and shape, and that work had to be done in Excel, and that task is nearly completed. Yesterday, I got started on adding the running time to each segment. I got such times for virtually all of the letter A and B segments done, and C is currently in progress.

I've created the basis for my first outline, but it had to be done manually. Before I post my first contribution, I will have to paraphrase the data so that it does not copy what I got from a certain site.

Last edited:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Okay, here is my first Classic Sesame Street outline.

Episode 0001
Plot: David's insomnia​
Sponsors: D, M, 4​

• SCENE 1: The Count welcomes the viewers, and starts off the show by talking about the number four and illustrates people and things on Sesame Street that are in groups of four. One group of four that ended the segment: Four people with headaches, who are tired of the Count’s constant counting.
  • Cartoon: An off-camera child asks “What if we celebrated Valentine’s Day with chickens instead of hearts?”
  • Muppets: The Two-Headed Monster share headphones.
  • Film: “Numerosity #4”
  • Cast: Gordon’s lecture about the importance of rain. Eventually, it starts to rain in his office.
  • Animation: Scanimate – Counting to four
  • Muppets: An Anything Muppet sings a "Pretty Little Song".
  • Film: Rattlesnake footage (Joe Raposo background music)
  • SCENE 2: Big Bird is hungry and wants a snack. Mr. Hooper offers several square-shaped foods, but cannot decide on what he wants that he is offered, as so many of them are equally as tasty. Then Big Bird realizes it is almost dinnertime, and he is about to eat something square: a square meal.
  • Cartoon: A little girl imagines what would happen if she dropped her bag of ping pong balls. She eventually realizes the consequences, and she decides not to drop the bag of balls.
  • Film: Counting ten circus clowns
  • Muppets: Lefty and the Golden AN plan.
  • Cartoon: M is for mouse who demonstrates mud, and then gets into trouble with his mother.
  • Film: A film about giraffes (Joe Raposo background music)
  • Cartoon: M is for Moo (and Milk!)
  • Muppets: Mr. Johnson complains about a fly in his soup, so Grover delivers a new bowl. Unfortunately, they ran out of the soup he wanted, so Grover settled on Cream of Mosquito, much to the customer’s dismay.
  • Cartoon: Letter M flies through outer space.
  • SCENE 3: David and Maria arrive home from their night out, and get ready for bed. Maria reminds David to turn everything off. He remembered everything, and went to bed. He was unable to fall asleep, and Maria reminded him a possible reason – he forgot to turn off the lights.
  • Cartoon: Don’t Mess with the Mighty M. or your name will be mud. (Bruce Cayard animation)
  • Muppets: Herbert Birdsfoot explains the visual appearances of the letters M and W with a letter who behaves stubbornly and repeatedly flips itself. The letter eventually stops flipping, and to solve the problem, Herbert rotates the camera 180 degrees, thus displaying the letter upside down to prove his point.
  • Cartoon: Father and son aviators cooperate in starting their plane.
  • Song: “What Do People Do All Day?” - illustrating the many jobs in a big city.
  • Cartoon: An African-American man explains to a young girl what a surprise is, and eventually a pie is thrown in the path towards the man’s face. (Animated by Bruce Cayard)
  • Muppets: Ernie & Bert — Bert has a present for his Aunt Matilda, but Ernie thinks that the present is for him, so he makes several guesses about what it is first, then unwraps it.
  • Cartoon: A man slips on his daughter's skate, and she points out that it makes him feel angry.
  • Film: Baby eagles getting fed, with child voiceovers.
  • SCENE 4: David still cannot fall asleep, and he tries various methods – including warm milk, a dark mask, and soothing music. None of those work, but Maria concludes one thing contributed to his insomnia: too much pizza.
  • Cartoon: An off-screen boy asks “How many legs does a horse have?” The answer is four.
  • Celebrity: Bill Cosby demonstrates what a surprised face looks like.
  • Film: Alphabet song (in genres of country and western, gospel, and Mexican)
  • Muppets: Cookie Monster visits the library, and insists that he wants a box of cookies, which makes the librarian extremely frustrated because Cookie Monster doesn’t realize the library does not have any cookies!
  • Cartoon: I’ve Got a Mind -- Square
  • Song: “Look Around, Look Around”
  • Cartoon: Workmen construct a letter D building, filled with every item that begins with D.
  • Muppets: The Story of “The Geefle and the Gonk” – On a planet where nectarines are the only thing to eat, one of the aliens cannot reach the nectarines, so the two title aliens learn how to cooperate in order to collectively gather nectarines.
  • Cartoon: D-Dart – A man throws a dart, carrying him with it until it reaches the target in which there is splattering.
  • SCENE 5: David and Maria are so bothered by the noise preventing them from sleeping that they desperately look forward to dawn. Bob quietly announces the sponsors.
VOICE CAST:
  • Northern Calloway as David
  • Jim Henson as Ernie
  • Will Lee as Mr. Hooper
  • Sonia Manzano as Maria
  • Jerry Nelson as Count Von Count, Mr. Johnson, Herbert Birdsfoot, various AMs
  • Frank Oz as Lefty the Salesman, Grover, Bert, Cookie Monster
  • Carroll Spinney as Big Bird
How do you like my first outline contribution? Any improvements that can be made?

Last edited:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Episode 0002
Plot: Big Bird plans a hike with Snuffy
Sponsors: A, S, 2

SCENE 1: At Hooper's store, Mr. Hooper welcomes the viewers, as he is stocking the shelves with a fresh delivery of products. Grover is interested in looking for products that start with the letter A. When the task is completed, Grover helps put the items on the shelves, but he slips on the floor and makes a mess on the floor, and Hooper's reaction? "Amazing."

Cartoon: "Letter A Story": A witch comes flying in showing two bored boys a capital A in her hand, and tells them a story involving A words and an ant's apple getting stolen by an archer.

Muppets: Cookie Monster at the Carnival -- The rigged test-your-strength game. When he learns the prize is a cookie, shenanigans run wild!

Cartoon: An ape escapes from the A train coming from Spain and goes on a journey to a birthday party.

Film: Alphabet fireworks display ("Yankee Doodle" background music)

Cartoon: A for Acorn

Cast: On stage, Gordon, Luis and Linda say "DANGER" in their own ways. David doesn't listen and take the brunt of some pratfalls that send him off the stage.

Film: Counting to 20 (planes departing)

Muppets: Muppet & Kid Moment -- Ernie, Bert, and Shola observe a letter A sitting on the counter in the apartment. Ernie yells, "A, Bert!"

Cartoon: A face of a man with white outlines (voiced by Bob Arbogast) is annoyed when he discovers he has a succession of animal noses.

SCENE 2: Olivia shows Forgetful Jones the concept of "between" by showing him the numbers 1 and 3, and having Forgetful place the number 2 between the 1 and the 3. Forgetful places it before the 1, and then after the 3. He then finally gets it right, but not without being reminded that it is 2 o'clock and he has to give his horse, Buster, a bath.

Cartoon: At an orchestral performance, a conductor asks "May I have an A, please?". He gets his wish as a giant lowercase a falls from above and crashes to the stage.

Muppets: Anything Muppets sing a song about words ending with OP.

Cartoon: A blue triangle looks for his partner among a number of triangles in a museum

Song: "Water, Wind and Sun" (Music: Phillip Namanworth; Lyrics: Benjamin Goldstein)

Celebrity: Victor Borge demonstrates how to "handle a Grouch" by being grouchier than Oscar.

Cartoon: A man shows the concept of "between" in various occurrences during a work day.

Muppets: Harvey Kneeslapper is seen bouncing around on his pogo stick, and asks a man if he'd like to try it. The man responds, "I'd love to!" But Harvey slaps a number 2 on the man's chest.

Cartoon: Jazz Number 2

SCENE 3: Big Bird is preparing to go on a hike with Snuffy. He goes through everything in his backpack, and has everything he needs, most of which are in groups of two, but then he realized he doesn't have one important item: Snuffy!

Cartoon: Donnie Budd (voiced by Bud Luckey) sings "The Toucan Two-Step"

Song: "Here Come the Beans"

Muppets: "The Trading Game" with Guy Smiley.

Cartoon: A baby notices a DANGER sign and wonders about its definition.

Film: Footage of a real tugboat while a boy plays with a tugboat while taking a bath.

Muppets: Kermit's "Between" lecture.

Cartoon: How are frogs made? The development of a frog is explained. In the end, the mature frog hops in the middle of a field and yells, "Hey, Kermit!" (Art by Cathryn Aison)

SCENE 4: Big Bird is still waiting on Snuffy so they could go on their hike. Maria tries to comfort Big Bird, and explain to him the circumstances. But Big Bird insists that Snuffy is real, while Maria denies it, and suggests he listen to music using his headset instead.

Animation: Shapes in Space -- Triangle (with David voiceover)

Muppets/Cast: "The People in Your Neighborhood" - sung by Maria and the Anything Muppets as a painter and a milkman respectively.

Cartoon: A man explains many forms of transportation starting with S, and orders the vehicles to stop as they approach him. (Animation by The Hubleys)

Muppets: Ernie & Bert -- While at the movies, the two have a hard time seeing the screen because of a lady's tall hat blocking their view.

Cartoon: Consonant Sound -- S, Snail (with limerick; animation by Jeff Hale)

Film: It's a gazelle! (Joe Raposo background music)

Cartoon: Billy Jo Jive in "The Mystery of the Midnight Voices"

SCENE 5: As Big Bird is enjoying music on his headset, Snuffy has finally arrived, and the reason for his delay was due to a storm along the way. After learning what Snuffy had went through, Big Bird decides to forgo the hike, reminded of the dangers that await them, and decide to go to Hooper's Store for some birdseed cookies instead. Olivia announces the sponsors.

CAST:​
  • Linda Bove as Linda
  • Northern Calloway as David (voice only)
  • Emilio Delgado as Luis
  • Jim Henson as Ernie, Guy Smiley, Kermit the Frog
  • Richard Hunt as Forgetful Jones
  • Will Lee as Mr. Hooper
  • Sonia Manzano as Maria
  • Bob McGrath as Bob
  • Jerry Nelson as Carnival barker, Mr. Snuffleupagus, various Anything Muppets
  • Frank Oz as Grover, Cookie Monster, Bert, Harvey Kneeslapper
  • Alana Reed as Olivia
  • Carroll Spinney as Big Bird, Oscar

Last edited:

kathy26

Reaction score
Episode 0002
Plot: Big Bird plans a hike with Snuffy
Sponsors: A, S, 2

SCENE 1: At Hooper's store, Mr. Hooper welcomes the viewers, as he is stocking the shelves with a fresh delivery of products. Grover is interested in looking for products that start with the letter A. When the task is completed, Grover helps put the items on the shelves, but he slips on the floor and makes a mess on the floor, and Hooper's reaction? "Amazing."

Cartoon: "Letter A Story": A witch comes flying in showing two bored boys a capital A in her hand, and tells them a story involving A words and an ant's apple getting stolen by an archer.

Muppets: Cookie Monster at the Carnival -- The rigged test-your-strength game. When he learns the prize is a cookie, shenanigans run wild!

Cartoon: An ape escapes from the A train coming from Spain and goes on a journey to a birthday party.

Film: Alphabet fireworks display ("Yankee Doodle" background music)

Cartoon: A for Acorn

Cast: On stage, Gordon, Luis and Linda say "DANGER" in their own ways. David doesn't listen and take the brunt of some pratfalls that send him off the stage.

Film: Counting to 20 (planes departing)

Muppets: Muppet & Kid Moment -- Ernie, Bert, and Shola observe a letter A sitting on the counter in the apartment. Ernie yells, "A, Bert!"

Cartoon: A face of a man with white outlines (voiced by Bob Arbogast) is annoyed when he discovers he has a succession of animal noses.

SCENE 2: Olivia shows Forgetful Jones the concept of "between" by showing him the numbers 1 and 3, and having Forgetful place the number 2 between the 1 and the 3. Forgetful places it before the 1, and then after the 3. He then finally gets it right, but not without being reminded that it is 2 o'clock and he has to give his horse, Buster, a bath.

Cartoon: At an orchestral performance, a conductor asks "May I have an A, please?". He gets his wish as a giant lowercase a falls from above and crashes to the stage.

Muppets: Anything Muppets sing a song about words ending with OP.

Cartoon: A blue triangle looks for his partner among a number of triangles in a museum

Song: "Water, Wind and Sun" (Music: Phillip Namanworth; Lyrics: Benjamin Goldstein)

Celebrity: Victor Borge demonstrates how to "handle a Grouch" by being grouchier than Oscar.

Cartoon: A man shows the concept of "between" in various occurrences during a work day.

Muppets: Harvey Kneeslapper is seen bouncing around on his pogo stick, and asks a man if he'd like to try it. The man responds, "I'd love to!" But Harvey slaps a number 2 on the man's chest.

Cartoon: Jazz Number 2

SCENE 3: Big Bird is preparing to go on a hike with Snuffy. He goes through everything in his backpack, and has everything he needs, most of which are in groups of two, but then he realized he doesn't have one important item: Snuffy!

Cartoon: Donnie Budd (voiced by Bud Luckey) sings "The Toucan Two-Step"

Song: "Here Come the Beans"

Muppets: "The Trading Game" with Guy Smiley.

Cartoon: A baby notices a DANGER sign and wonders about its definition.

Film: Footage of a real tugboat while a boy plays with a tugboat while taking a bath.

Muppets: Kermit's "Between" lecture.

Cartoon: How are frogs made? The development of a frog is explained. In the end, the mature frog hops in the middle of a field and yells, "Hey, Kermit!" (Art by Cathryn Aison)

SCENE 4: Big Bird is still waiting on Snuffy so they could go on their hike. Maria tries to comfort Big Bird, and explain to him the circumstances. But Big Bird insists that Snuffy is real, while Maria denies it, and suggests he listen to music using his headset instead.

Animation: Shapes in Space -- Triangle (with David voiceover)

Muppets/Cast: Maria and the Anything Muppets sing "The People in Your Neighborhood" — painter and milkman.

Cartoon: A man explains many forms of transportation starting with S, and orders the vehicles to stop as they approach him. (Animation by The Hubleys)

Muppets: Ernie & Bert -- While at the movies, the two have a hard time seeing the screen because of a lady's tall hat blocking their view.

Cartoon: Consonant Sound -- S, Snail (with limerick; animation by Jeff Hale)

Film: It's a gazelle! (Joe Raposo background music)

Cartoon: Billy Jo Jive in "The Mystery of the Midnight Voices"

SCENE 5: As Big Bird is enjoying music on his headset, Snuffy has finally arrived, and the reason for his delay was due to a storm along the way. After learning what Snuffy had went through, Big Bird decides to forgo the hike, reminded of the dangers that await them, and decide to go to Hooper's Store for some birdseed cookies instead. Olivia announces the sponsors.

CAST:
Linda Bove as Linda
Northern Calloway as David (voice only)
Emilio Delgado as Luis
Jim Henson as Ernie, Harvey Kneeslapper, Guy Smiley, Kermit the Frog
Richard Hunt as Forgetful Jones
Will Lee as Mr. Hooper
Sonia Manzano as Maria
Bob McGrath as Bob
Jerry Nelson as Carnival barker, Mr. Snuffleupagus, various Anything Muppets
Frank Oz as Grover, Cookie Monster, Bert, Harvey Kneeslapper
Alana Reed as Olivia
Carroll Spinney as Big Bird, Oscar
Great Outlines i was thinking of doing ones myself

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Glad you enjoy them so far, Kathy.

For that, here's another one...

Episode 0003
Plot:: Happiness Day/Hooper's Store is closed
Sponsors:: N, W, 7

SCENE 1: Gordon welcomes the viewers, and mentions it is a special day. It is Happiness Day on Sesame Street. Oscar comes out of his can and complains about this special day and wants it renamed Unhappiness Day. Gordon understands Oscar's attitude, but Oscar insists that it should still be changed. Gordon insists that Happiness Day is very important. Oscar refuses to listen, and looks forward to Groundhog Day, even though it is not for another five months.

Film: How pizza is prepared.

Cartoon: "Lowercase n" song

Muppets: News Flash -- Kermit interviews a scientist who has developed "The Six Dollar Man" which is made of parts that cost a total of six dollars. The robot runs rampant, loses its head, and is destroyed. "What do you expect for six dollars?"

Film: Word Showcases -- The letter N is nice.

Cartoon: Look both ways before you cross the street. (Art by Ray Favata)

Celebrity: Cab Calloway sings "Hi De Ho Man"

Cartoon: The Bridgekeeper -- Square

SCENE 2: Forgetful Jones is about to write a poem for his partner, Clementine. He has trouble coming up with words that rhyme, but Olivia helps him out. He now has the perfect way on how to write his poem, but he forgot one important thing: a pen.

Cartoon: A boy is fishing, but catches letters of the alphabet - which he uses to make alphabet soup.

Film: Animals fighting (Joe Raposo background music)

Muppets: A song about The Count's first day of school.

Cartoon: A girl explains how her pet goldfish died. (Bruce Cayard animation)

Film: The Mad Painter -- Number 7

Cartoon: Three characters try to watch a baseball game over a fence, then cooperate by stacking their blocks.

Muppets: An Anything Muppet boy sings the riddle with sevens in it, "As I Was Going to St. Ives", to a girl.

Cartoon: Swedish number cartoons -- There are seven animals in a tree. (Animated by Owe Gustaffson)

Muppets: Anything Muppets sing the rhyming song "Fat Cat"

Animation: Shapes in space -- Square (voiceovers by David and an off-camera child)

SCENE 3: As kids are playing in the neighborhood, Big Bird is on his way to Hooper's Store in hopes of getting a birdseed milkshake. But when he arrived, there was a sign on his door that said "CLOSED". Big Bird wonders why the store is closed, despite being daytime. David mentions that stores are going to be closed at times, and it is a normal part of life. David mentioned possible reasons for the store being closed. Big Bird refuses to believe David, and insists that the store will open today, and he will stay up all night if he has to.

Cartoon: Gloria talks about the letter "W".

Muppets: Ernie & Bert — Ernie notices that Bert looks sad for no reason, so Ernie names multiple reasons to be sad. Bert now feels better - but at the same time, Ernie is now sad for no reason.

Song: "What's It Like to Be in School?"

Cartoon: The story of "Wanda the Witch" (Art by Tee Collins)

Cast: As roommates on a winter night, Luis and Gordon have a disagreement over whether the window in their bedroom should be open or closed. Gordon agrees to have the window closed, but circumvents the problem by smashing the walls, "technically" giving Gordon his way.

Cartoon: W is for Wilhelmena, who illustrates words that start with W.

Muppets: "Dragnet" parody -- Sgt. Thursday and Ben are on the hunt for a wanted letter W.

SCENE 4: Big Bird is quite devastated over Mr. Hooper's lengthy absence, but Maria tries to comfort Big Bird by telling him about a similar experience she had when her former boyfriend was away for so long. She was quite worried that he would never return home, worried abuot disaster. He did return home safe and sound.

Cartoon: W is for Worm

Muppets: "The Weather Show" with Guy Smiley

Cartoon: "Why Bears Smile" (Bruce Cayard animation)

Song: "Everybody Run" (Joe Raposo vocals)

Cartoon: Sign Man Cartoon -- SCHOOL

Muppets: Muppet & Kid Moment -- Herry helps John-John count to twenty.

Cartoon: 30 Dots Bridge #2

SCENE 5: The next day, Big Bird lost faith for Mr. Hooper, realizing he's not going to be back for a long time. He decides to take a walk in the neighborhood, but as he walks past Hooper's Store, he heard a sound coming from the store. Big Bird wondered what the sound was, and much to his delight, Mr. Hooper had returned to work! Big Bird wondered why Mr. Hooper was away for so long, and Hooper explained that he was on vacation in sunny Florida for a week. He admitted that as much as he really enjoyed Florida so much, he's glad to be back to work. To celebrate his return, he offers free egg creams for the adults, milkshakes for the kids, and a birdseed milkshake for Big Bird. Bob announces the sponsors.

CAST:
Northern Calloway as David
Emilio Delgado as Luis
Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Ernie, Guy Smiley
Will Lee as Mr. Hooper
Sonia Manzano as Maria
Bob McGrath as Bob
Jerry Nelson as Count Von Count, Sgt. Thursday, Herry Monster
Roscoe Orman as Gordon
Frank Oz as Bert, Ben, wanted letter W, Anything Muppets
Alana Reed as Olivia
Carroll Spinney as Oscar, Big Bird

Last edited:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Episode 0004
Plot: The gang wants to go to the beach
Sponsors: B, T, 8

Insert: Big Bird is strutting along to a disco version of "Rubber Duckie" on a phonograph record when Snuffy asks what disco means. Big Bird explains that discos are for adults and occur at night, so they are unable to see it first-hand. But, they can imagine it! In a daydream, Big Bird's nest area has transformed into a discotheque. After a couple (Donna and a partner) dances on the illuminated dance floor, Snuffy and Big Bird get their chance to strut their stuff. But after they are back to reality, Snuffy has learned a lot about disco and Big Bird praises his big imagination.

Cartoon: B is for bubbles, bubbles and more bubbles, which a certain boy and a bear named Bosco produce while in the bath.

Cast: David and Maria collectively cooperate to reach the mountain's peak.

Cartoon: Small letter b - for baseball, bat and broken.

Muppets: Ernie & Bert -- Bert gives Ernie a challenge: Bert will give his dessert of ice cream and cookies to Ernie if he defies the odds by cleaning the messy apartment in 15 seconds or less.

Song: Kids sing "B is for Bubble"

Cartoon: A boy puts a red and green monster together with the help of a diagram.

Muppets: Biff tags numbers 1 to 5 on Salvador Dada's paintings in a gallery.

Cartoon: "Name That Food" game show with Don Carrot (art by Elwood Smith)

SCENE 1: Mr. Hooper is having trouble placing a box on a high shelf. Telly suggests several types of ladders, but they do not suit Hooper's needs. But who needs a ladder when you can rely on Big Bird?

Film: A film showcasing a lobster and a crab.

Muppets: The Beetles perform their hit song "Letter B"

Animation: Sand Alphabet B/b

Celebrity: Madeline Kahn sings "Me-Me-Me-Me"

Cartoon: Daws Butler voices a man who hates frogs, but later learns why they are important.

Song: Joe Raposo sings "Starfish"

Muppets: Monsterpiece Theater -- "Me, Claudius"

Cartoon: Counting to 20, with Hawaiian background music.

Film: This is the desert…

SCENE 2: The gang look outside their window and discover it is a sunny day, and the perfect day to head to the beach. They all put on beach gear, and are ready to go. But trouble mounted when it suddenly started to rain (heavy rain at that), disappointing everyone except for Oscar.

Cartoon: "Eight Penny Candy Man" (Art by Bud Luckey)

Muppets: Herbert Birdsfoot discusses the concept of "over" and "under" with Grover as his assistant. Herbert has Grover lay on a mattress, but he goes under the mattress instead. Herbert tries to prove his point by laying several items, making the load heavier, and Grover panics when a piano is about to crush him.

Film: Lizard! (Joe Raposo background music)

Cartoon: Fisherman Jones demonstrates in, under, and through with the help of a huge fish.

Muppets: The letter S joins the letters UN to form SUN, and several Anything Muppets are ready to hit the beach!

Cartoon: A boy points to himself and utters the word "ME."

Muppets: Two Anything Muppet boys discover a number 8 which is upside down, and they rotate it - it's still the same.

Cartoon: Jazz Number 8

SCENE 3: While the gang are disappointed about rain ruining their plans to go to the beach, David explains the benefits of rain and why it is important.

Muppets: Lefty the Salesman sell Ernie an invisible ice cream cone, but Lefty receives an invisible nickel as payment.

Cartoon: Jazz Alphabet - A chorus of male vocalists shout out each letter as they appear.

Song: "It's a Rainy Day"

Cartoon: Typewriter skit -- T, Train

Muppets: Simon Soundman wants to buy a saw, but demonstrates by mimicking the sound of a saw, confusing the hardware store merchant.

Cartoon: Poverty Pictures skit -- T is for Trash and Ticket.

SCENE 4: After the rain ended, Oscar is ready to bring the gang to the beach in Oscar's Sloppy Jalopy, the trip had to be postponed due to the car breaking down, and disappointed everybody except for Oscar. Big Bird announces the sponsors.

CAST:
Northern Calloway as David
Emilio Delgado as Luis
Jim Henson as Ernie, Salvador Dada
Will Lee as Mr. Hooper
Sonia Manzano as Maria
Bob McGrath as Bob
Jerry Nelson as Mr. Snuffleupagus, Biff, Herbert Birdsfoot, Simon Soundman, various Anything Muppets
Roscoe Orman as Gordon
Frank Oz as Bert, Lefty the Salesman, various Anything Muppets
Alana Reed as Olivia
Carroll Spinney as Oscar, Big Bird

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Episode 0005
Plot:
A day of inserts
Sponsors:: N, P, 10

SCENE 1: Olivia welcomes the viewers, and Forgetful Jones intervenes and informs her wants to head back home, but forgot where his horse, Buster, is. Olivia suggests riding a bike as a stopgap measure, until he gets his horse back. Forgetful Jones insists that he can't get home without Buster, but afterwards he is suddenly hungry but forgets what he has to eat. Mr. Hooper brought out carrot sticks for Forgetful Jones to munch on, but out of nowhere, Buster has arrived after he heard about the carrot sticks.

Film: A bicycle wheel rolls away from a junkyard, and travels through the streets. In the end, it ends up in the hands of a boy in order to complete his wagon.

Cartoon: The Ringmaster displays his ten balancing brown bears.

Muppets: News Flash: Kermit meets up with Little Bo Peep, whose sheep went missing. They both witness every sheep that walks past - the first has its tail on the front - on its face; the second one has its tail on its back, in the middle; and the third one lacks a tail. The fourth one has a tail that should be behind, and it turns out to belong to Mary.

Film: Chinese New Year celebration

Insert: Scanimate Film -- "Now then… a count of ten"

Muppets: Jim Henson lends his voice to a nature-loving guy who sings "Ah, for the Joys of the Countryside", who is displeased when a city is being built in the surroundings.

Cartoon: A bird subtracts two balloons from a group of three.

SCENE 2: Maria is holding a letter N in her hand. She decides to illustrate words that start with N, and various Muppets provide visual aids, including a nose (on Ernie's face), a nickel (supplied by Telly), a napkin (supplied by Mr. Hooper), and a number (supplied by The Count, who at the same time supplies a number nine, which also starts wtih N). But Big Bird comes in with nothing. Maria wondered why, and Big Bird replied "Well, 'nothing' does start with N, doesn't it?"

Cartoon: The story of "Nancy the Nanny Goat"

Insert: Three of These Kids (featuring an upside-down girl)

Cartoon: An ant tries to push a capital N in between the M and O in a row of 26 letters.

Muppets: Pageant -- The Four Seasons. Grover is stage manager and prop man for Prairie's play, though he constantly makes mistakes and eventually falls from the rafters above. Bert presents a snowman for winter; Herry, explains spring with a flower pot; Ernie, with beach ball in hand and wearing sunglasses, explains summer; and Cookie Monster wears a tasty tree costume to explain fall.

Film: A conductor yells "STOP" to a violinist for his off-key rendition of "Czardas" by Vittorio Monti.

Cartoon: A kid names his own body parts.

Muppets: Guy Smiley hosts the "Password" spoof, "Say the Word"

Cartoon: A hippo who lives in the country and prefers a quiet environment, is disturbed when a mouse, who likes a loud environment, moves in.

Muppets: Toothy, a set of teeth, has his agent search for a suitable new partner to help regain the gleam in his teeth. Features a cameo by Miss Piggy.

Film: City alphabet (Joe Raposo background music with kid voiceover)

SCENE 3: Bob is in the library, and wants some peace and quiet. As he is trying to read a book, Telly, Gladys the Cow, and Oscar come in and give him a hard time by making noise, and Bob informs each Muppet to be quiet. When a fourth Muppet (Cookie Monster, to be exact) enters and makes noise, Bob yells at all four of the Muppets and tells them to be quiet. Telly informs Bob "Wow. You tell us to be quiet, and you certainly didn't do a good job at being quiet."

Cartoon: An N-terview (no pun intended) with the letter N, who annoys the reporter by naming so many N words.

Muppets: Ernie & Bert — While Bert is reading a book, Ernie attempts to frighten him by wearing a ghost costume. Ernie noticed that Bert left his chair while he went to get a white sheet, so Ernie sits down and relaxes in the chair, but then he is startled after Bert enters the room.

Song: "Somebody Come and Play", sung by Joe Raposo

Cartoon: A magician attempts to pull out a rabbit from his hat, but he finds the numbers 1-20 instead, which is repeated by the rabbit in the end.

Celebrity: Grover is taught by Stevie Wonder how to sing loud and soft.

Film: A STOP sign spins around.

Muppets: An Anything Muppet lady shops for a fur coat and Tony, the owner of a fur coat shop, tends to her. She is led to believe it is a fur coat, but really she ends up wearing Cookie Monster.

SCENE 4: At Hooper's Store, Bert and Ernie fight over which ice cream flavor they want. Gordon intervenes and suggests they cooperate by having a sundae made and sharing it. Ernie does enjoy it, but Bert is displeased because he wanted strawberry syrup.

Cartoon: A boy's friends bring him flowers to cheer him up, not knowing that he's allergic to them.

Muppets: "Figure It Out", sung by Farley, with two Anything Muppet girls singing backup.

Cartoon: Speech Balloon -- P for Puddle

Film: Footage of a termite colony, with a kid voiceover.

Cartoon: A capital P, with flashing edges, stands on an island near a rotating sunset.

Muppets: A blonde Anything Muppet girl, voiced by Kathryn Mullen, imagines what it's like to be a doctor, movie director or firefighter.

Cartoon: "Ten Tiny Turtles on the Telephone" song (art by Bud Luckey)

SCENE 5: David and the kids play basketball while Bob announces the sponsors, followed by the traditional Friday credit roll with Barkley and the kids.

CAST:

• Fran Brill as Prairie Dawn
  • Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Ernie, Guy Smiley
  • Richard Hunt as Forgetful Jones, Telly
  • Will Lee as Mr. Hooper
  • Sonia Manzano as Maria
  • Kathryn Mullen as Blonde Anything Muppet girl
  • Bob McGrath as Bob
  • Jerry Nelson as Count Von Count, Farley
  • Roscoe Orman as Gordon
  • Frank Oz as Grover, Cookie Monster, Bert
  • Alana Reed as Olivia
  • Carroll Spinney as Big Bird, Oscar

Last edited:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Episode 0006
Plot:
Cookie Monster's missing cookies/Big Bird visits the eye doctor
Sponsors: D, J, 11

SCENE 1: Susan welcomes the viewers, and Sherlock Hemlock is on the street, trying to solve a mystery: who stole Cookie Monster's cookies? They searched for clues, and ending up discovering crumbs on Cookie Monster's lips. It turns out that Cookie Monster's cookies went missing because he ate them and didn't realize it!

Cartoon: A jacket illustrates words that start with J and annoys an off-screen narrator. The jacket reveals two African-American children named Jenny and Jeff inside.

Muppets: The Wild West -- Sinister Sam arrives to the saloon, looking for Doc Holiday. He asks the frightened townspeople, in search of the doctor, but all he found was a mailman and a fire fighter. Sam threatens to the townspeople that had better find the doctor, because he has an "itchy trigger finger." Fortunately, the doctor is discovered under a table. The doctor asks what Sam wants with him, and Sam says that his finger is quite itchy and it's annoying him. It could be a mosquito bite, and if so, should he apply lotion to it? Doc faints. Sam decides to join the patrons at the saloon for a glass of milk.

Cartoon: Jughead Jones tells a story about an embarrassing experience he had using words starting with J.

Film: Kids narrate footage of the many different kinds of roads from an eagle's view. (Joe Raposo background music)

Muppets: An Anything Muppet boy and girl are involved in an alphabet conversation.

Cartoon: Christopher Clumsy's demonstration of feet.

Celebrity: Paul Simon sings "Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard."

Film: Children watch a silent film featuring a lady in a house that is on fire. The kids yell "go to the EXIT!"

SCENE 2: Big Bird tries to read a newspaper, but he is unable to read the words clearly. He moves the newspaper very close to him so he can read it clearly. Maria suggests that he get his eyes checked by an optometrist. Although he is fearful to see a doctor - fearing it will be painful - he reluctantly goes with Maria anyway.

Cartoon: "The Noble Ostrich" -- a segment about the life of an ostrich. Big Bird makes a rare animated appearance. (Art by Bruce Cayard)

Insert: Three of These Kids -- Three Jump rope, one sits down and reads a book.

Film: The Mad Painter paints a number 11 on the door to a doctor's office.

Muppets: Super Grover --A young girl named Janet Fringle desperately needs help in carrying many boxes. Super Grover recommends gluing them together, but she eventually figures out the problem herself - carrying one box at a time works perfectly.

Song: "Touch, Hold, Feel", sung by Joe Raposo

Cartoon: The weary traveler asks the wise man to demonstrate none, some, most and all with a basket of oranges.

Muppets: A blonde Anything Muppet girl draws the number 11 on a slate, and demonstrates to the viewers that it appears the same right side up and upside down.

Cartoon: Tommy Trueheart and his 11 trick performing lions.

Film: A slow moving turtle, to the tune of "Funeral March of a Marionette" by Charles Gounod.

SCENE 3: At the office, Dr. Peter Gardner asks Big Bird about his eye problems and then performs several tests for him. Big Bird was scared at first, but after the doctor prescribes a pair of glasses for him. Big Bird is so relieved that the procedure was not painful.

Cartoon: A blonde cheerleader with a Southern drawl has dogs cheer D-O-G, and then get into a fight with cats.

Muppets: Ernie & Bert -- Ernie lies in bed and starts talking about how a square looks like and how many lines it has, then goes on to compare a square with a triangle, then starts to ponder about how many sides a circle has. He goes to sleep just as Bert is about to attempt to answer the question, and Bert ends up not being able to sleep.

Film: Seals make noise.

Cartoon: Workmen construct a letter D building, which is filled with every item that starts with D.

Muppets: Muppet & Kid Moment -- A rhyming game is played between Grover and Erik. Erik has to figure out what begins with the word "toy", and in return, Erik gives Grover a challenging task to find a word that rhymes with "Monster".

Film: Word Showcases -- Animals, occupations and activities that start with D.

Muppets: Bushman Bill, host of "The Hit Parade", introduces "D Duah Duah" by Didi O'Day and the Dew Drops.

Animation: A roof finds its way to the top of a house.

SCENE 4: After Big Bird arrives home from the eye doctor, he refuses to wear his new glasses, claiming it would make him look stupid. Maria told him that he will be just fine, and that nobody will call him names, nor insult him. She even mentions a number of characters who wears glasses and they never got insulted. Maria mentioned Herbert Birdsfoot as an example.

Cartoon: The letters in the word EXIT walk out of a room.

Muppets: "The Song of the Count", sung by Count Von Count.

Cartoon: Billy Jo Jive in "The Case of the Missing Money"

Film: David sings "Who You Looking At, Tiger?"

Muppets: Three Anything Muppet kids (including George) have trouble trying to sell sugar, lemons and water individually. They learn the meaning of co-operation as they put the items together and start up a lemonade stand, which proves to be successful.

Cartoon: Crayon Letter Animation -- the letter D (Canadian-produced segment)

SCENE 5: Big Bird mentioned he wants to be an eye doctor when he grows up, but he has years to practice, and vows to practice with his doll, Lucy. But the problem is, he has to learn all of the English language. Gordon announces the sponsors.

CAST:

• Fran Brill as Blonde Anything Muppet girl in the upside down 11 segment
  • Jim Henson as Jim Henson, Ernie
  • Sonia Manzano as Maria
  • Jerry Nelson as Sherlock Hemlock, Count Von Count, George, various Anything Muppets
  • Roscoe Orman as Gordon (voice only)
  • Frank Oz as Cookie Monster, Grover, Bert, various Anything Muppets
  • Susan Robinson as Susan

Last edited:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Episode 0007
Plot::
The Amazing Mumford makes Big Bird disappear
Sponsors:: B, Q, 3

SCENE 1: Maria welcomes the viewers, and Big Bird wants to learn to draw a number 3. While he succeeds, he believes he drew the letters E, M and W, but Maria insisted that Big Bird did successfully draw a 3, and should turn the drawing one more time - the 3 is now displayed.

Cartoon: The story of "Sporty 3"

Film: Number 3 Rollercoaster Ball Film - cherry version

Cartoon: B ... US! We're on the bus!

Muppets: Kermit's Lectures -- Subtraction

Song: "Fall Song"

Cartoon: Three cuckoo birds enter the clock and do their job at 3:00.

Muppets: Ice Follies -- An off-screen Kermit asks Grover to demonstrate the concept of "near" and "far".

Cartoon: Snacks on Parade -- Raisins (Bruce Cayard animation)

SCENE 2: Telly is expecting a visit from someone named Matt who is expected to arriveby bus in one minute. When he realized the bus is late, David explains possible reasons why the bus gets late at times. The bus finally arrived, and it turns out Matt was actually a real dog.

Film: Slide puzzle segment -- A truck

Muppets: Muppet & Kid Moment -- Herry and John-John observe a capital Q.

Animation: Hypnotic "Q" -- Several five-letter words starting with Q.

Muppets: Ernie & Bert — Ernie tries to mimic a dog and a duck. Bert then mimics a train. Bert does it well enough that a train conductor and passengers stampede through the apartment.

Cartoon: Consonant Sound skit -- Q for Quarter (illustrating what a quarter could buy back in 1982) (art by Bud Luckey)

Film: Footage of a baby monkey

Cast: Linda and Maria sew a quilt with the letter Q on it.

Cartoon: Kids seated on a bench are patiently waiting for the bus -- "Here comes the bus!"

Film: Footage of kids dancing.

SCENE 3: Luis and Olivia are at Hooper's Store, reading something interesting in the newspaper - martians are arriving to Sesame Street. Neither cast members believe such thing, until the two Muppet martians have arrived and cause the two adults to panic out of fear they will attack. it turns out they want a milkshake.

Cartoon: The letter "q", that funny looking thing.

Muppets: "A Song from Kermit" -- sung by, who else, Kermit.

Film: Bus travels through the streets (guitar rhythm soundtrack)

Cartoon: The Sesame Street Vaudeville Theater -- Performance of "Near and Far", becoming "Wet and Dry" in the end.

Muppets: Monsters sing "ABC Disco"

Cartoon: A dog attempts to meow, but no matter how much he tries, he can only bark.

Muppets: Ernie bought a straw hat for Bert, and asks Cookie Monster which box it will be put in.

Cartoon: Christopher Clumsy -- Shapes

SCENE 4: The Amazing Mumford is brushing up on his magic skills. One wave of his wand has accidentally made Big Bird disappear. He is still there, but nobody can see him. Mumford tries to make Big Bird visible again, but makes matters worse as he makes other big things disappear, causing Mumford to feel regretful and has to learn more on how to make big things reappear.

Cartoon: Two lines clash at the center of the screen and have a dispute. They end up cooperating by forming a cross.

Muppets: Harvey Kneeslapper places a bucket of confetti above a doorway, in hopes that the person who pulls the rope attached to the bucket will get the confetti dumped on them. Instead, a little Anything Muppet girl comes by and pulls the rope, dumping the confetti on Harvey, much to his chagrin.

Cartoon: B is for bicycle, bear, bump, branch, and bee.

Film: A leopard in the plain.

Cartoon: B for Boxer

Muppets: A baby Honker hatches from an egg and learns to honk like all the Honkers.

SCENE 5: After several attempts to make Big Bird visible again, he has nearly succeeded, but now only his head is invisible. One ultimate wave of Mumford's wand makes Big Bird fully visible again, head and all! But at the same time, Mumford has now made himself invisible, and cannot remember how to reappear again. Olivia announces the sponsors.

CAST:

• Linda Bove as Linda
  • Emilio Delgado as Luis
  • Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Ernie
  • Richard Hunt as Telly
  • Will Lee as Mr. Hooper
  • Sonia Manzano as Maria
  • Jerry Nelson as Herry Monster, The Amazing Mumford
  • Frank Oz as Bert, Cookie Monster, Harvey Kneeslapper, various Anything Muppets
  • Alana Reed as Olivia

Last edited:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Episode 0009
Plot:
Snuffy learns to dance
Sponsors: Y, Z, 9

Insert: Slimey's music group - Earth, Rain and Mud (parody of Earth, Wind and Fire) perform "Gimme Mud" to Luis and David, upon Oscar's introduction.

Cartoon: "Z" for zig, zag, zoom and zoo

Muppets: "The Zizzy Zoomers", sung by three fast-moving furry balls of the same name. The song's lyrics feature words starting with Z.

Cartoon: A red creature with no arms is being stalked by the letter Z, until he eats it, taking care of the problem.

Muppets: Mr. Johnson orders bacon and eggs, but he has a difficult decision on how many of each he wants. He claims that Grover takes too long and decides he wants two hot dogs and two pickles for lunch, causing Grover to storm into the kitchen and throws a temper tantrum.

Film: Footage of hippos (Joe Raposo background music)

SCENE 1: Maria starts a game in which the kids would have to give first names that start with each letter of the alphabet, from A to Z. Going from A to Y was no problem, but trying to come up with a Z name - well, that may be difficult. Until Zero the penguin stops by, that is.

Cartoon: Sand Alphabet -- Z/z

Muppets: Muppet & Kid Moment -- Ernie and Jason make faces.

Cartoon: Poverty Pictures segment -- Letter Z (Cliff Roberts animation)

Film: A painter on a high-rise platform paints the words "WET PAINT" in red paint on a wall, but accidentally places his hand on one of the letters and looks at his hand, which is now painted red, and yells "WET PAINT!"

Muppets: Cookie Monster's rock song about his obsession with cookies.

Cartoon: Subtraction -- Three mules.

Film: Film footage of an animal auction.

Insert: Susan and some children sing "My Little Game," a song which contain loud and soft parts.

Cartoon: Sign Man Cartoons -- WET PAINT

Film: Geese and their offspring swim in a pond.

Muppets: Roosevelt Franklin proves that he knows the "Days of the Week" in song.

Cartoon: Strongmen illustrate big, bigger and biggest.

SCENE 2: Mr. Hooper gave the walls a paint job, and put a WET PAINT sign on the walls. The Count comes in and accidentally places his hands on the painted wall, forgetting to read the sign. Hooper told The Count he should repaint the section of the wall he put his hand on. He does that, and counts his strokes of paint while in the process.

Cartoon: A boy makes a house out of building blocks, and when a girl builds a Victorian house, the boy accuses her of being a copycat.

Muppets: News Flash -- Old Mother Hubbard is interviewed by Kermit. She brings various objects to her dog which rhyme with "bone", including a stone, a throne, and finally a phone, all instead of a bone. She ultimately decides to use the phone to order in Chinese food.

Film: 1-20 boxes (Joe Raposo background music)

Cartoon: A painter appears out of a box and paints a lion, then hangs a sign reading "wet paint" on it.

Muppets: Ernie and Bert cooperate to make Ernie's bed.

Cartoon: Pinball Number Count -- Number 9

Cast: No matter how you arrange nine cast members and kids, they are still the same nine people.

Cartoon: A mother and child demonstrate how to make popsicles using juice.

Muppets: Grover the Plumber visits Kermit's house to fix his sink. Kermit wants Grover to demonstrate the concepts of "big, bigger and biggest" using wrenches. Regardless, the sink repair goes haywire and the house floods.

Song: "Starfish" (background music by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: Jazz Number 9

SCENE 3: Snuffy is interested in learning how to dance, so Big Bird gives him a few lessons. The only trouble is, Snuffy is stepping on Big Bird's feet every time, and Big Bird finds it painful.

Cartoon: The story of "The Yellow Yahoo"

Muppets: Simon Soundman sounds out the word "CALL".

Cartoon: Consonant Sound -- Y, Yak (limerick, animated by Jeff Hale)

SCENE 4: Snuffy still has trouble learning how to dance, after Big Bird teaches him. Finally, when Big Bird plays "Disco Frog" on his turntable, Snuffy has learned to dance on his own! Big Bird dances along as he announces the sponsors.

CAST:

• Emilio Delgado as Luis
  • Jim Henson as Zizzy Zoomer #1, Ernie, Kermit
  • Richard Hunt as Zero the Penguin
  • Will Lee as Mr. Hooper
  • Sonia Manzano as Maria
  • Jerry Nelson as Zizzy Zoomer #3, Mr. Johnson, Count Von Count, Mr. Snuffleupagus, Simon Soundman
  • Frank Oz as Zizzy Zoomer #2, Grover, Cookie Monster, Bert
  • Carroll Spinney as Oscar, Big Bird

Last edited: