Classic Muppets filming NBC Christmas special

Nick22

Reaction score
maybe annie sue will be in this movie. i love louise gold and i think annie sue should be in a lot more stuff.

yetiman

Reaction score
In that youtube video, was Miss Piggy dressed in a leopard-print negligee? :embarrassed:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think it was possibly her leopard print dress. She does look rather sexy though...Love her leopard gloves, although I miss her pink and purple ones.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
In this week's issue of Entertainment Weekly, the featured program for Wednesday on the week of December 15-19 was, of course, A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa. There's the picture of Bunsen, Pepe, Scooter, Beaker, Kermit, and part of Gonzo with Petra Nemcova. Here's a transcript of the brief article...

"8-9PM
A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa
NBC, TV-PG

The holidays are all about visiting the loved ones. So who better to log quality time with than the Muppets? Charmingly cheesy compared with most of today's CGI-infused kid-tertainment, Muppets, which finds Kermit and Co. trying to deliver letters to St. Nick, offers what Muppet fans want: celeb cameos (Uma Thurman, Whoopi Goldberg) and corny comedy (Fozzie Bear is stopped at the airport for telling bad jokes). Miss Piggy suffers from lack of screen time, but you can't get everything you want for Christmas. A-"

A-, people! Even the critics like it! :big_grin:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
It might just be my ears playing tricks but some of the chicken clucking during the Mail room scene sounds like Jerry Nelson's Camilla clucks. I don't know for sure, it just sounds like him in a way. It would be great if he was able to lend in his voice once in a while for Robin. It really makes me appreciate Robin more and more now, we didn't see him at all in MWWOZ. But I am glad that the old Play Station game Muppet Monster Adventurer features Robin as the main character and gave Robin a bit of lime light then.:smile:

Evoulie

Reaction score
Will the special be aired again, or will it only be on once?

Ev

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
In this week's issue of Entertainment Weekly, the featured program for Wednesday on the week of December 15-19 was, of course, A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa. There's the picture of Bunsen, Pepe, Scooter, Beaker, Kermit, and part of Gonzo with Petra Nemcova. Here's a transcript of the brief article...

"8-9PM
A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa
NBC, TV-PG

The holidays are all about visiting the loved ones. So who better to log quality time with than the Muppets? Charmingly cheesy compared with most of today's CGI-infused kid-tertainment, Muppets, which finds Kermit and Co. trying to deliver letters to St. Nick, offers what Muppet fans want: celeb cameos (Uma Thurman, Whoopi Goldberg) and corny comedy (Fozzie Bear is stopped at the airport for telling bad jokes). Miss Piggy suffers from lack of screen time, but you can't get everything you want for Christmas. A-"

A-, people! Even the critics like it! :big_grin:
I just read the article last night. EW's critics are known for being hit-or-miss, but their also notoriously vicious when they don't like something. I'm glad this not only agreed with them - it also won a rave!

I believe VMX received the same score of A- and they enjoyed Eric's performance so much they mistook his performance for a Frank Oz reprisal of the Pig!

This seems to have all of the fun of VMX and more (without the dreary bits) and great songs too from a Muppet music master. :smile:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Kermit on cover of the TV topics in Sunday's paper

Did anyone see that Kermit is featured on the cover of the tv topics in this past Sunday paper! and a nice article about the special inside! Oh this just keeps on getting more and more exciting! many people I know come up to me and asks if i know about the new Muppet special. I'm so glad that this is heavily advertised!:smile: