Classic Disney Channel Early 80's-Early 2000's

Erine81981

Reaction score
Who remembers some of the DCOM'S (Disney Channel Original Movies)?
I do remember a few. One of the ones I remember the most is "The Thirteenth Year" just cause I love Mermaids but I also liked "Can of Worms" just the silly weird alien characters were pretty neat but those were more early 2000's. The two I remember from the early 90's were "Susie Q" & "Wish Upon a Star" both from 1996.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Welp, DCOMs. Most of those, I wasn't interested in. I watched almost all the shows religiously from That's So Raven, Even Stevens, Hannah Montana, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody/On Deck etc, but not so much the DCOMs. I guess for a while, I was too young to enjoy them, but when I was actually the target age, I hated them. That being said, and I am ashamed to admit it but, my sister and I were part of the High School Musical craze. We even bought the soundtrack for the first one. XD

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I don't really remember them at all to be honest. I was a 2000's kid, so I may have remembered some of them, but I forget right now. What I do remember is that I think I have a recorded VHS tape of a DCOM somewhere in my house, but I'm not sure if I even have that tape anymore.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I remember "Free Disney" not just being on Weekends. It probably at least extended to the weekend (or maybe started on the weekend), but I remember times when we'd get a free preview when it was a weekday. The first time I remember getting a free preview was on a schoolnight. I don't remember if the previews ever lasted a whole week, though. I also feel like I didn't get advance notice on the free previews. I'd always find out either by turning to The Disney Channel and seeing it unscrambled, or by watching the channel somewhere that had the channel and seeing ads that promoted it being free (for example, it seems like whenever there was Free Disney Channel, they wouldn't show the usual between-show bumpers).

The last time I remember there being a free preview weekend was shortly before The Disney Channel switched to regular cable. I think I sort of knew that it was going to change before that free preview, and then it became basic cable a month later. Don't know why they needed to do the free preview then. I think they also advertised a number to call to get The Disney Channel. Perhaps they were trying to get the extra money for as long as they could before switching? Or could it have actually continued to be a premium channel in some parts of the country/for certain cable providers while basic in others?