Christmas Movie News

CrockAlley

Reaction score
But Kermit has expressed some pretty strong anti-Piggy sentiments. I guess I just find conflict between the movies' romances and the shows' romances (namely, the movies got 'em, the shows don't).

Excuse me if I'm a bit anti-relationship. *Sigh* :frown:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Something from the Bear with the inside scoop===

Sorta...

Based on all the things I've read in the past, namely a letter from the Editor in a Muppet Magazine, Kermit's kiss w/ the marriage thing to Piggy in TGMC was all just for the Movie.

Does he like her like that, I think he maybe sort of does, but I think it's taken 25 years for him to actually REALLY begin to like her; kind of like how a fungus takes a while to grow on rocks in a rolling river, you know? Or how long it takes for that new rubber smell to leave your rubber chicken.

I think Kermit COULD like her very VERY much...however, if they let them fall in love and really DO become an item for good, then the story is dead. Like the whole Niles/Daphne thing on Frasier...they got hitched, and the fun was gone. It'd be like Charlie Brown getting to meet the Red Haired Girl (per Schulz, only the comic strips count, not the animated films, so the kiss from the Red Haired Girl named Heather in the movie doesn't count).

So, I don't think the other kisses count for Kermit and Piggy as this one will since HE will initiate it. I also think that if he DIDN'T like her like that, we wouldn't have seen the 2 of them sitting so closely all the time. So, it's a 50-50 thing right now. We'll see what happens in a few years.

FOZ