Christmas in the City

Puckrox

Reaction score
Oh Miss Piggy so would take advantage of Walter's eagerness. You just know she would. And I really loved the Electric Mayhem segment.

Keep up the good work!

Beauregard

Reaction score
There's a reason why I enjoy diving into a delicious delicatessen selection of Ryan diction, and it is because it is FUNNY. Genuinely, laugh-out-loud, pause to react, snigger along FUNNY. And its a variety of funny. Its character-reference funny, pun-funny, side-jokes funny, running gags funny, and sight-gags funny. Which is why I have always voted Ryan Dosier most likely to succeed as a future Muppet Writer. Watch this space!!!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------------
Hee, hee, hee...

Okay, a couple of awkward phrasings, but the jokes MORE than make up for 'em! The "frock and a hard face" is one of the best puns I've heard in a while (Spider Robinson would approve!) -- though I doubt Sam would be appreciative of the bust if he knew of the OTHER Fillmore, of Jimi and Stones fame...

I can absolutely see Walter being suckered into the mule role for Piggy. Tres cute, indeed. His eagerness to run after Gonzo is also completely in character; you DO write Walter well! And Gonzo On A Mission...yeeek. The mind boggles, and the eyes cringe...

Love Deadly's cameo! Immediately made me speculate what sort of tacky Xmas sweater he'd deign to don! Rizzo's "but he was all feet that day" is a GREAT line. Kermit reluctantly trying to corral his straying troupe and stay on target is always a funny bit, no matter the situation, and I'm glad you included it. And the GPS snafu is perfectly Muppet Labs...and I enjoyed having Rowlf there to be the straightman. Er, straightdog, I guess.

Keep it coming, please! :smile:
------------------------

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! This is some really good writing, my friend! Everyone sounds just like they should! Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Piggy, Walter! Everyone!

I really just love this! Uncle Deadly's cameo was hilarious and the GPS thing is definetely something the Muppet Labs might cook up! The Electric Mayhem in an electronics store thing is very original and something I might see the Mayhem actually doing.

But what I love the most is the Gonzo and Walter spreading Christmas cheer! I know that whole plot there will turn out splitting my sides, thus sending me to the hospital where Dr. Bob will say "You a mathmatician? Because it seems your pretty good at division!" *unneeded laugh track*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
On the seventh fanfic I've read today...
I give Ryan seven stockings stuffed with candied nuts—although methinks he's already plenty nuts with Gonzo running loose.

Things I'd like to point out.
You present Gonzo in the first part, where he wants to bring Christmas cheer to the entire city, in a manner that makes me think the weirdo's channeling his inner Darkwing Duck.
*Chuckles at the Christmas light string rope bit.
Janice said he enjoys bunjee-jumping with the headphones, seems like Gonzo switched to this outlet instead.
*:halo: bangs out a rimshot.

You've writen Walter in an interesting manner. He reminds me equal parts Scooter—a younger Scooter who would do what Piggy prompted him to further her own schemes—and equal parts Wembley Fraggle, always going off to help whichever friend popped along, even in the midst of already doing/promising someone else to help with their own chores.

A nitpick of continuity though... When Rizzo quips who would give Pepe presents if he were to go to the islands for the holidays, the prawn (cracker?) replied that he'd stay with the Muppets instead. I thought that meant he'd stay at the hotel/apartment in case Gonzo returned there. Not sure if that should be clarified that :rolleyes: left with Kermin's party instead okay.

Thank you for this sir... May I have more please?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
From WGU's fic:
Then a-wassailing we will go.
To nag Toga and Prawn you know.

For it's their stories we want updated.
So we'll trudge o'er ice and frost and snow.
*Heads off to that city Christmas, either the one in NYC or LA, maybe I should let someone else post first to get directions. :search:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
LA has no TREES. I vote NYC!

*plants a New Year's sparkler under oblivious Prawncracker's shoe*

-------------------