Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

Drtooth

Reaction score
If there's one thing that bugs me every single year, it's that horrible cover of "Winter Wonderland" and I still don't know who's responsible for it. It's the most offensive sounding 90's synthpop soundtrack I've ever heard. And you know me, I love my 80's synth pop, but 90's synth pop sounds like a Casio Keyboard sample if it's done lazily... which this totally is. At least they play the edited version that doesn't have the terrible serial killer movie sounding opening. Really. I wish I knew who's responsible for this dreck. It's awful. And the pathetic attempt at scatting. The end just repeats long with bad scatting over and over to the point that the ending is longer than the song itself. I swear the artist behind this even says "I'm tellin' it like it is!" at one point. Yeah, like this song was always some big, profound statement or something. That was the most pathetic attempt to be hip I've ever heard, and brother I've heard and seen some pathetic attempts.

Long story short, would it kill them to play "Snoopy vs. The Red Baron Christmas" just freaking once?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The Beatles always remind me of Christmas. Back when they were together, every Christmas they sent a little plastic flexi-disc to members of their British fan club. 5 minutes of ad-libs, humorous attempts at singing and cracking each other up. After they broke up, Apple Records compiled them all and made "The Beatles Christmas Album". Each of these tracks are on YouTube, so check 'em out.

I've always loved John's "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)", but can't stand Paul's "Wonderful Christmastime". Eack one inspired a number of cover versions. Those that covered John's are okay at best, but Paul's clones...

Drtooth

Reaction score
The station that used to play Christmas music (an Oldies Station) went all sell out to Top 40 hits (like every other station that isn't sports or talk) a couple years ago, and I really miss the variety of songs they play. This crappier, soft rock (which shouldn't be a term anyway) is doing it, but with all the gusto of a kid going "Awwwwww....do I have to?" and replay the same songs on a loop as they usually do with their usual music. It's not the same, and I've heard that horrendous Winter Wonderland cover pop up all the time. Still, I'm more annoyed that just as they dropped the Oldies format, they added 80's music to the line up. Like I said, I love me some 80's synth pop. 90's synth pop not so much.

WalterLinz

Reaction score
I actually did hear that one on the radio the other week. I got all excited and had to explain it to my friend, lol.
Lol me too!! I heard it twice, I think.:smile: It's just that the station I listen to doesn't play it very often lol:stick_out_tongue:

Last edited:

mr3urious

Reaction score
I just made a big Christmas dinner for me and my family with ham, mashed potatoes, and candied yams! The ham came out out a lot better than the turkey this time, too! :smile:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I had a nice Thanksgiving dinner with my parents. I had turkey, stuffing, gravy, corn, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and rolls.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'd like to wish everyone in the Commonwealth of Nations a happy Boxing Day! :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Canadian Boxing Day is considerably different from British Boxing Day.

In fact, I don't believe they're even the same thing.