Chicago Museum Jim Henson

muppfozz

Reaction score
Little Rock, AR was the very first place it opened. I went with my (not a muppet fan) sister and her two children (also not mupper fans.) I loved it and would have stayed ALL Day but sister and kids got tired fast. They enjoyed the puppets show that was shown outside the area. This puppet show was done by an area puppet group and did not have any wonderful muppets. Just to see Kermit and all the other displays and drawings and knowing that Jim Henson worked with these very items made it more special.

junebug1972

Reaction score
It Was Amazing!

I took my kids and we spent about 2 hours reading all the information and checking out all the Muppets on hand. The detail was superb and the craftsmanship second to none.

My son has started doing small one man shows with a couple of "What Nots" I have and I may post them up here sometime. Just need some extra time to edit for fun instead of for clients.

If you have the chance you should go and check it out!

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
My Dad and I went to see this exhibit on 10/29/10 and it was Great, I loved all the artifacts from Jim's life and especially the real Muppets on hand I even got my Picture taken with Some Sesame Street friends outside the exhibit! :smile:

The movie they showed was great and I even performed a little show on the Muppet stage,

The only things I was disappointed with was the gift shop, my Dad and I wanted a magnet, Pen, or pad of paper with the Exhibit logo on it but nothing, Most of the Items there I already had or did not need

But my Dad and I did buy little buttons with the characters on them and clever Saying on them,

the Button I bought for myself was Gonzo dressed as a superhero and its says on it "Its a Bird" "Its a Plane" ..... "What Is Is?"

Over all a great exhibit that my Dad and I really enjoyed! :smile:

SeanC

Reaction score
I went to see this exhibition last week and loved it. It was so fascinating to see all those drawings, sketches and puppets in the flesh ( or the felt, to be more accurate ). Ernie and Bert were a lot bigger than I had expected, as were the Snowths. Loved the Snowths, actually, and spent several minutes just staring at them. I made sure to look right up their snouts and blink in confusion, just like Mahna Mahna :smile:
My favourite display case was the one containing Gobo and Cantus - there's so much lovely detail on those Fraggles that simply didn't show up on screen. I loved the fact that Gobo's tail was composed of little feathery strands and all the little trinkets Cantus had in the pockets of his jacket ( panpipes etc.. ). I think I simply stared, utterly fascinated, at those Fraggles for quite a long time. At one point I crouched down to get a good look at their toes and got a funny glance from the security guy :excited:
The drawings and sketches were fantastic, particularly Jim Henson's original picture of Doglion and the designs for an unproduced Muppet Broadway show. Then there were the vintage adverts playing on the big screen, not to mention Miss Piggy, Rowlf and Kermit. An amazing exhibition, and a real highlight of my week in Chicago. If you haven't seen it yet but can easily get there, then see it now! :smile: