Characters, Scenes and Stories you'd like to see on ABC's "The Muppets"

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Miss Piggy has a temper tantrum and is in a bad mood. She complains and yells at various people for little things.

Later on, she's stuck in the elevator along with.........Lips. She and Lips talk and Piggy opens up to him. He discovers everyone has forgotten her birthday because they've been too busy with the show. Lips and Piggy form a stronger bond, and Lips tells Piggy to apologize for her behavior and explain to everyone why she's been in a bad mood for the day.

The reason why I suggested Lips is to get the character more exposure.

Last edited:

jobi71

Reaction score
J. P Grosse died
JP Grosse was dead for the one Christmas movie as a plot device. The Muppets have played fast and loose with their "cannon" many times. They especially like to play the "Well that mas just a movie/TV Show card", so he could easily come back.

jobi71

Reaction score
Miss Piggy has a temper tantrum and is in a bad mood. She complains and yells at various people for little things.

Later on, she's stuck in the elevator along with.........Lips. She and Lips talk and Piggy opens up to him. He discovers everyone has forgotten her birthday because they've been too busy with the show. Lips and Piggy form a stronger bond, and Lips tells Piggy to apologize for her behavior and explain to everyone why she's been in a bad mood for the day.

A couple of folks have mentioned wanting Lips to have a larger role. One of the things I like about Lips is how little we know about him. Zoot used to be this way. In fact he was this way until this current series where he speaks as much as all the other characters. Dave Goelz has said that he often traded away Zoot's lines because he wasn't sure he had a grasp on the character like he did with Gonzo and Bunsen. Goelz and Zoot have been paired for about 40 years (in fact one of the longest pairings) so now he feels comfortable to speak in Zoot's voice. Since his arrival in season 5 through the films and such Lips has had just a handful of lines - notably a verse in Barnyard Boogie. I am pleased the character has stuck around and the puppet itself is gorgeous. But to me if the character speaks too much he loses some of his mystique. I know he is a fan favorite, so I don't want him always in the background, but for folks who love Lips would you prefer to see him get more screen time? Or keep him as a bit of a mystery?

jobi71

Reaction score

Actually in re-reading your post you mention Piggy opens up to Lips. Piggy certainly can talk. Lips may have just a few lines in the scene and she monologues about her birthday/bad mood. She may feel a bond with Lips not so much because they had a conversation, but because he listened to her. It could be win/win. Lips would have more screen time and he could still be a cypher.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
If we get a second season, bump Julianne Buescher's name up to the opening credits with the principals. It's been long overdue.

While we're at it, maybe give some of the other female performers a chance to try out some characters. The roster of lady Muppets could really be expanded.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
A couple of folks have mentioned wanting Lips to have a larger role. One of the things I like about Lips is how little we know about him. Zoot used to be this way. In fact he was this way until this current series where he speaks as much as all the other characters. Dave Goelz has said that he often traded away Zoot's lines because he wasn't sure he had a grasp on the character like he did with Gonzo and Bunsen. Goelz and Zoot have been paired for about 40 years (in fact one of the longest pairings) so now he feels comfortable to speak in Zoot's voice. Since his arrival in season 5 through the films and such Lips has had just a handful of lines - notably a verse in Barnyard Boogie. I am pleased the character has stuck around and the puppet itself is gorgeous. But to me if the character speaks too much he loses some of his mystique. I know he is a fan favorite, so I don't want him always in the background, but for folks who love Lips would you prefer to see him get more screen time? Or keep him as a bit of a mystery?
The thing that irked me with Goelz and Zoot was he just didn't allow the character to speak in the Muppet Show or in the movies. I enjoyed seeing Zoot speak a lot more in the new series. Having Lips speak and get more character isn't going to mess up the character. He doesn't need to be an unknown anymore. If I were Steve, I'd be having Lips speak all the time and get involved with whatever. Same thing with Dave and Zoot.

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score

is it okay if I make this a story? This actually sounds like a great fanfic! :smile: