Characters, Scenes and Stories you'd like to see on ABC's "The Muppets"

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Other episode ideas:

- Uncle Deadly's underworld records have shown that he's been slacking on his job lately. Deadly gets a visit from his "boss" Beelzebub (Danny DeVito), who is appalled at what one of his best employees has become. The boss informs Deadly that unless he can go back to his roots, dire consequences will befall him. Meanwhile, Miss Piggy has to get a new costume designer. Hilda (likely performed by Julianne Buescher) returns. Her out of touch designs initially embarrass Piggy, until they become a fashion trend.

- Scooter is informed that he has a long-lost twin sister, who has been living in the Home for Chuck Cunninghams for the last several years. Scooter pays a visit to the Home, but quickly learns that it's a mystical prison for 'unwanted characters.' Scooter soon finds himself trapped in the Home; back at the studio, everyone slowly forgets his existence. How will Scooter escape? Gavan O'Herlihy (or Randolph Roberts, depending on who's available) reprises his role of "Chuck" from Happy Days.

- The Muppets have been getting one too many complaints from angry parent groups. In an effort to appease them, Pache, the show's branding guru, turns "Up Late" into a cornball children's show - "Aunt Piggy and Friends." Sam is initially pleased that the show has become more wholesome, until he is informed that his planned talk on the 2016 Presidential elections has been cancelled for being "too boring." Sam instead becomes "Uncle Sam," a recurring character who teaches the kiddies (mostly inaccurate) American history. Meanwhile, with the show heavily censored, Rizzo and Pepe make a bet to see how long they can go without thinking about women.

- A classic Bro-mance. Gonzo becomes jealous that best friend Rizzo seems to be spending more time with Pepe.

- The government learns that Statler and Waldorf have been embezzling social security checks. The two are forced to take menial jobs at "Up Late," eventually becoming Beauregard's assistants.

- Sweetums gets a visit from his fellow Muppet monsters, who talk the ogre into leaving the show and rejoining their gang. Sweetums returns to his roots of committing PG-rated crimes and is eventually sent to court. Can Kermit and the gang bail him out? Guest starring Judge Judy.

- Beaker finally grows tired of being Bunsen's victim. The two get into a fight, and eventually split up. Beaker goes back to pursuing his dream as a singer, landing a sweet record deal. Meanwhile, Bunsen goes back in time to prevent the fight from happening. He accidentally gets stuck in 1976, the first season of the Muppet Show. Everything is different - half of the cast looks awful, as Kermit was unable to afford a plastic surgery plan for them until the following season. Laugh-In jokes rule the show. Janice sounds like a would-be soap opera star. Fozzie's a jerk. Miss Piggy has a last name. But more importantly, there's no Beaker. Bunsen learns about his past, as well as his relationship with Beaker, and just why he became his assistant. Guest starring Florence Henderson, and featuring a cameo by Christopher Lloyd.

- Mo Frackle (Bruce Lanoil) realizes that he has too much time on his hands. Will he be able to get a life?

Last edited:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
One story idea I'd like to see is one about Kermit's old Sam & Friends co-stars (Sam, Yorick, Harry, etc.) coming to the studio to visit him.

For a Halloween episode, they should have Constantine form a team comprised of all the "villain" Muppets (The Moopets, Polly Lobster, Clueless Morgan, Mad Monty, Taminella, Grinderfall, Mordecai Sledge, Lardpork, Mean Floyd, Caleb Siles, etc.) and take over the studio.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
We learn that Zoot is actually a CIA operative hired to pose as a 'lost' saxophonist, all the while eliminating unwanted enemies who are pretending to be Muppets. This explains the disappearances of George the Janitor, Hilda, and much of the cast of both JHH and MT. Walter was nearly destroyed by Droop when he snuck back into the group, only to be rescued by Zoot at the last minute. He has since been placed in the Witness Protection Program, hence his absence from the new show.

In a B-Plot, we learn that Camilla's absence had to do with her leading her fellow chickens in the War on Colonel Sanders, who (as we all know) recently returned to pop culture. The Colonel makes a guest appearance, and unsuccessfully tries to talk Kermit into letting KFC sponsor "Up Late."

Yes, I know I have a sick mind... :insatiable:

Okay, how about this - Janice rewarded Sam for 'befriending' socially awkward Chip by giving him a kiss on the cheek/beak, right? Sam sees Chip as a way of getting positive attention from Janice, and more or less forces to two of them to become friends. Chip is initially thrilled at the idea of someone liking him, but he eventually grows tired of spending too much time with Sam. Chip learns to stand up for himself, telling Sam that he needs space. ("Usually, I'm the one people tell that to!"). Sam learns to be a better friend.

B-Story - Crazy Harry goes to an insane asylum. :crazy:
I really want that Chip episode. The Zoot one too.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
While at Rowlf's Tavern, Fozzie talks to Rowlf about how tired he is of his low paying job, Rowlf then tells Fozzie about how he's sick of his job, this leads to the two deciding to go into business which leads them to pitch a product on Shark Tank. Rowlf sells his tavern to a sleazy con man (Timothy Omundson) and Fozzie gives up his job and is then replaced by Foozie Bear. They get turned down, and now Rowlf has to face the consequences of trying to buy back his bar from the con man, and Fozzie has to get rid of Foozie Bear.

Last edited:

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I'd love to see something with the Swedish Chef or Bunsen & Beaker. I'll admit the plot involving Newsie & BoBo the bear was severely incredible! I would just love to see these two in another plot, but fighting against each other in the end, on some game show or some weird reality show of sorts.

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
Here's something I thought of:

Remember the Diner Lady from Season 3 of TMS (what did happen to the theatre's diner after S3?) who often worked with the Swedish Chef? Maybe the Diner Lady and the Chef could work at the commissaries at the studio where ULWMP is filmed.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
Here's something I thought of:

Remember the Diner Lady from Season 3 of TMS (what did happen to the theatre's diner after S3?) who often worked with the Swedish Chef? Maybe the Diner Lady and the Chef could work at the commissaries at the studio where ULWMP is filmed.
Gladys?