CGI Muppet Film?: Would it Work?

Would you watch a CGI Muppet movie?

• Yes! I can watch any sort of Muppet content!

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Maybe, if it looks like a good film.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No! The Muppets need to be puppets!!!

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

GroovyMuppet6

Reaction score
So I've been wondering for a while since Muppet Babies reboot and several Disney CGI remakes of past animated movies aired: if Disney decided to make another Muppet film, but decided to have it be CGI animated rather than puppeteered, would you watch it, and would it work for the Muppets?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sure, we as Muppet fans would watch it, but it would be met with a lot of resistance and ridicule, as there's been a complaint for a number of years (of which I have also been vocal) about the increase of CGI replacing traditional puppetry in movies and TV shows; this would be almost sacreligious.

mr3urious

Reaction score
For spin-offs like Muppet Babies, or for assisting in puppetry in certain areas (like huge crowd shots), sure. But for the main series? Heck no! I don't see Jim doing anything like this if he were still alive; that is, using a medium purely for corner-cutting or laziness. Replacing the Muppet characters with full CGI would take away what makes them special, especially in this day and age when the medium has gone from being dazzling and new to being routine and nothing special.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean, Frank has said that Jim was fascinated with CGI, and that had he lived, he could see him eventually rising up the ranks at Pixar or something.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I mean, Frank has said that Jim was fascinated with CGI, and that had he lived, he could see him eventually rising up the ranks at Pixar or something.
Maybe he could do an original project not using any of the familiar Muppet characters. I'd be more down with that.