Celebrating Jerry Juhl

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I sent you an e-mail, Matt of both a high and web res image of Jerry and :sympathy:. I also have another high res black and white image of Jerry and :smile: , just let me know what works!

Also if you're interested; I'd be happy to give you permission to use one of my Jerry tributes from my Weekly Creative Visuals.
Jerry Tribute 1
Jerry Tribute 2

spcglider

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Everyone's so down and out and you have to remember that for 37+ years he gave us a legacy of laughter and happiness! Jerry Juhl wouldn't want us to let his death be a sadness for us! As has been said, he's with Jim Henson and Richard Hunt now!!

Celebrate his life! Remember his hilarity and continue it. It's up to us to inspire people now...so, do it! Keep his brand of humor alive and we will make him a happy man.
There are those of us who truly believe that he isn't gone at all. In a way, you might say that he's with Richard and Jim... but in turn I believe they're still here among us. They are simply returned to that massive energy that all things are drawn from. They aren't actually gone from us, they are closer than ever.

-Gordon :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I agree. I believe that they offer up their creative energies whenever we're working on projects and I actually do call on them as a muse, also Charles Schulz, when I feel a need for one.

And I always do! :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I started this thread to announce the passing of one of the most influential people on the history of The Muppets and more; but rather than focus on the passing, let's celebrate his life. It's been said he loved the silly and the zaniness of life, so promote that in all you create in awe of his work. And be happy he's with Jim and Richard again...he's left us a multitude of great works, and for that I'm appreciative. :smile:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Speaking of celebrating Jerry's life, who's going to the Jerry Juhl tribute next Saturday the 12th? I think it would be appropriate if MC made our appreciation known. Pity we can't all pass around a card for Susan Juhl, but of course that doesn't mean that we still can't think of something nice to do.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Tribute? Have I missed some info somewhere? Are there links and info about this?

I certainly do hope someone can go and pass on our condolences and love to his family!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Tribute? Have I missed some info somewhere? Are there links and info about this?

I certainly do hope someone can go and pass on our condolences and love to his family!
November 12th, somewhere in California, and that's all I remember. It was posted here, somewhere.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
who's going from MC? Here's my sending of love and condolences to his family:

I am truly sorry for your loss. We here at MuppetCentral.com are sending all our condolences and love.

When I first heard who Jerry Juhl was, I have to admit I was just a mite skeptical. But I decided to believe that Jerry Juhl was a real person, and that belief continues to this day.

I wrote this poem for Jerry, and I want everyone to hear this. I do curse in my writing, but not in any academic works:

I wrote this song to express my feelings after finding out that a good friend of the Muppets, Jerry Juhl, had died.

His Name was Jerry
By BJ Wanlund

There was a man
Who gave my favorite
Creations a soul
And it wasn’t Gags Beazley

His name was Jerry
And he wrote Fozzie’s comedy numbers
His name was Jerry
And his creations will go on
With or without him

He wrote for Fraggle Rock
What a guy!
What could I do to repay you?
Maybe I could get a Gonzo

His name was Jerry
And he gave Gonzo a soul
His name was Jerry
And my Muppets will go on
With or without him

And he wrote the jokes for At the Dance
And Vets Hospital
And a guest-star’s sketch
Love ya Dr Bob

His name was Jerry
And he wrote such corny jokes
But the trees were so far apart
So he ran really fast
****, I hate being without him

Let's go forward in our Muppets and Fraggles.

When Mr. Juhl died, he left behind his final project, a new Fraggle Rock movie. I only want the movie to be good.

If we are to go forward, we must train a whole new crop of Muppet writers in Mr. Juhl's vein. That way, Mr. Juhl's legacy will last throughout time.

Sincerely,

BJ Wanlund

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:

I found it. It was on page 12 of this thread, in the L.A. Times article that Vic Romano posted.

A celebration of Juhl's life will be held at noon Nov. 12 at Caspar Community Center, 15051 Caspar Road, in Caspar, where he and his wife were active in helping preserve the natural beauty of the area.
Is anyone going? I think someone from MC should go, and that MC as a whole should prepare something to give to Susan Juhl to show our appreciation and convey our affection for Jerry's work. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe a collection of letters? Maybe a song or medley? Maybe something silly? Maybe all of the above?

I'm starting a new thread for this.