Caroll Spinney to recieve Lifetime Acheivement Award

Monster

Reaction score
I. too. am so proud of Caroll. I get to work with him on Sesame Street and he has always been the nicest and most humble of them all. I did a special gift for him celebrating this great news that I hope to post for viewing soon.

DTWolf

Reaction score
This is indeed a most-deserved honor for Caroll Spinney. But does anyone know what part of the broadcast might include the presentation? I want to watch that part but would hate to suffer through the entire three hours waiting for it.

Still, I did check the list of nominees (see http://abc.go.com/daytime/awards/nominees.html ), and Between the Lions, which I dearly love, is up for some awards--so maybe it wouldn't be all bad. . . .

doctort13

Reaction score
I wrote to Caroll a few weeks ago to congratulate him on his award, and mailed him a few pictures of my puppets.

Guess what I got in the mail today?

A vintage 1978 post-card from Caroll greeting me, and a hand drawn picture of Big Bird!

I have met him a few times, and even "guarded" Oscar once, he's the nicest guy you'll even see beneath 8 feet of yellow feathers. He is very deserving of this award.

DTWolf

Reaction score
Boy, I really lucked out. . . . I switched the awards ceremony on at 8:30 (Central time), and just a few minutes later there was the presentation.

But doesen't a lifetime achievement award merit more than 3 little minutes of the three-hour broadcast? Did they maybe show some teaser this-is-what's-coming-later clips of Big Bird and Oscar during the hour and a half I skipped?

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
i must say congratulations to Mr. Spinney for 35+ years of making children smile.

He truly deserves this, and he is probably the first person i would absolutely love to meet.

He is an inspiration to us all, and this was much deserved.

BJ

zns

Reaction score
I know that this is an old thread, but i just wasn't sure if the awards ceremony was broadcast on tv. I have seen a few photos online though.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I never did it before, so let me do it now.

Congradulations Mr. Spinney for all you have done for children and adults throughout the years, in helping to educate, entertain and inspire people all over the world!
:smile:
:grouchy:
:smile: