Caroll Spinney to recieve Lifetime Acheivement Award

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Wow, that's really cool and what a well deserved honor!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
zns said:
The fact that Caroll was chosen for this award is by far the best news that I've heard so far this year. He greatly deserves this after being on Sesame Street for so long. This is a little off topic here, but I actually wrore to Caroll a few years ago. i told him that I was a huge admirer of his work and asked him what kind of skills were required to become a Muppeteer, which is the kind of job that I hope to have in the future. He responded by saying that if I wanted to have a job with the Muppets, I should do stuff like practicing in front of an audience, take singing lessons, that kind of stuff, He also suggested that I should try and join guilds on websites such as Google or Yahoo. He also sent me an autograph photo of himself saying "Keep puppeteering, Caroll (Big Bird) Spinney". What also makes his response even more amazin is that he didn't even bother to type up the letter. He wrote the message in a blanck greeting card, with his handwriting in permanent ink. That just goes to show you how big of a heart Caroll has. God bless you Big Bird and:grouchy: .
I think it's fine you post this here. not bad at all.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Well done, Mr. Spinney. And by "well done," I mean "Wow, what an amazing career you've had and what a huge impact on generation after generation of children and thanks for everything and it's about time that you received such a fitting tribute and I hope your Emmy includes a coupon for a birdseed milkshake."

:smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Aw, just as I sat down to type this message, Big Bird came on the Muppet Central Radio.

Congrats, Caroll! Like everyone's been saying, he's very deserving of this for the work he's done with Big Bird and Oscar all these years. I really hope they air it on TV.

zns

Reaction score
They should put it on tv. It deserves to be shown to everyone who has grown with Caroll since their childhood.

dinoboy

Reaction score
Caroll Spiney, didn't he do the voice of Big Bird? I somehow remember seeing a show on tv saying how angry he was about all the letters he's received about people saying that Big Bird doesn't look 8' 2" tall. They proved it on tv once by having Big Bird come through a 7' high doorway. Big Bird did have to bend down to come through. I believe Big Bird's height is true, since he does look that tall when I saw him at Sesame Street Live. I believe it's just a camera trick they do that makes him look shorter, since he wouldn't fit into the whole picture with the other people.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
dinoboy said:
Caroll Spiney, didn't he do the voice of Big Bird? I somehow remember seeing a show on tv saying how angry he was about all the letters he's received about people saying that Big Bird doesn't look 8' 2" tall. They proved it on tv once by having Big Bird come through a 7' high doorway. Big Bird did have to bend down to come through. I believe Big Bird's height is true, since he does look that tall when I saw him at Sesame Street Live. I believe it's just a camera trick they do that makes him look shorter, since he wouldn't fit into the whole picture with the other people.
Where on earth did you hear this? Caroll Spinney getting angry?! Is there such a thing?

zns

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Where on earth did you hear this? Caroll Spinney getting angry?! Is there such a thing?
Everybody gets angry, you know that. Even Jim Henson got angry at a few people in his life, including at Jerry Nelson.