Caroll Spinney: The Farewell Tour

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Caroll's returning to my town in October! What do you guys think, should I try to see him again? I took advantage of a rare opportunity last time, but this is his farewell tour (plus, Season 50 is being celebrated), this could be the last-ever opportunity to get to see him in person. Should I?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Caroll's returning to my town in October! What do you guys think, should I try to see him again? I took advantage of a rare opportunity last time, but this is his farewell tour (plus, Season 50 is being celebrated), this could be the last-ever opportunity to get to see him in person. Should I?
I think you should, it could be the last time you have a chance to meet him, so I would do it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’ve had the chance to meet him once, and that’s good enough for me. If anyone else hasn’t had it and he’s coming close by, definitely go for it!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Keep checking; this is the first that I've seen that Caroll will be at the Knoxville Fanboy Expo in October, and they've been adding guests for a few weeks.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Is he still on his "farewell tour"? When it was announced I wasn't sure if it was meant to be a tour before retiring or if he was planning to retire from touring, but this tour was announced before his retirement was announced.

Several months ago there was a post on Caroll Spinney's official Facebook page where he was talking about doing tours, how fans mistakenly thought he was doing them against his will, and said that he enjoys doing the tours and pointed out that now that he's retired he has more time to meet with fans (of course he has had plenty of time in the last few years as he voiced the characters less each season), and that being retired doesn't mean he's ready to just be at home all the time. I took that to mean that he plans to continue doing conventions for a while.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
From what I understand, this is his "farewell tour" in that this will be the last time he will be making any public appearances, which is why I'm considering seeing him again; I was fortunate enough to get an opportunity once before when I once upon a time thought I'd never get such an opportunity . . . this time around, it's an opportunity to see him one last time - and it could very well be the last time I ever get to meet/see/speak with him . . . I feel like I shouldn't pass this up.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
From what I understand, this is his "farewell tour" in that this will be the last time he will be making any public appearances, which is why I'm considering seeing him again; I was fortunate enough to get an opportunity once before when I once upon a time thought I'd never get such an opportunity . . . this time around, it's an opportunity to see him one last time - and it could very well be the last time I ever get to meet/see/speak with him . . . I feel like I shouldn't pass this up.
Trust me, I feel like you should do this. I was planning to write a letter to Jerry Nelson back in the my youth because he was my favorite Muppet performers but I never got around to it and when I finally did he died. Which is my biggest regret