Captain America's Dead!!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
This morning I woke up to the news that Captain America has died in the finale to Marvel's "Civil War" series. They say that he was gunned down by two snipers (both sent by the Red Skull), as he was surrendering his secret identity as Steve Rogers to the public eye.

In "Civil War: The Initiative", Ms. Marvel says Cap's not dead but "tucked away safe on the Raft" with doctors working to save him. But, according to Marvel themselves, even though her comment about him being alive on the Raft "may not have been exactly what they seemed on the surface, and events related to those comments will play out in upcoming issues of New Avengers". They added by saying the Captain America series will continue with Steve Rogers being deceased.

Personally, though this is major news for comic book collectors (including my brother), I'm a little distraught over it story-wise. However, they say that because of this turn of events, a Captain America movie might come sooner than we think.:smile:

Nick

Reaction score
Well... everyone has to go sometime. I mean he has been around for 65 years... probably has not been too sharp for the last 10 or so. And as muppetwriter has said... I'm sure there will be a movie deal in the works...

MWoO

Reaction score
Well I wouldn't be surprised if they brought him back some how later on. Superman was "killed" once too ya know. Cap. is like the Superman of the Marvel universe, or at least he was I guess.

Meepsterboy

Reaction score
RIP
Captain America, A.K.A. Steve Rogers
1941-2007
Godspeed, Cap. May death bring you the peace and freedom you fought for in life. The Marvel Universe will never be the same.:cry:

sesameguy

Reaction score
My recent blog posting (March 9) involves Captain America's recent "death," and points to some issues about how we (or rather, the writers) treat comic book characters. If you're a fan of "The Thing," you may enjoy it as well:

http://heroshaven.blogspot.com

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Capt. America was a fugitive an deserved to die

Long Live the Mighty Avengers & The Iniatitve

Meepsterboy

Reaction score
Dude... How can you desecrate a national symbol like that?
Cap is the personification of the American Way! Can you say that about Tony Stark? How about Hawkeye? No? Didn't think so. Cap's fought wars, saved the planet, led Earth's mightiest heroes, and beat someone who was, for all intents and purposes, a God (The Beyonder, Secret Wars.) Cap was noble and just, and should be accordingly mourned.