Canada!

VC2020

Reaction score
Okay, We have a couple of Canadian Puppeteers here now and Hey why not start a little group right here...or somewhere else...What d'you fellow Canadians think?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Well, sounds good but it's a big country! Where *exactly* is everyone from? I'm in Toronto, as is Blink and Jeremy Bear....not sure about everyone else.

CbBoy (who rarely posts) is in Vancouver en route to Seattle. How about you VC2020?

VC2020

Reaction score
Montreal, Quebec =]...Don't forget Terry Angus.

VC2020

Reaction score
Yeah I know.
Maybe we should start a site or something...
I guess right now I'm an amateur puppeteer and don't have much expierience.
What about you?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Actually, there's a comprehensive Canadian Puppetry site in the works...basically an index to all the professional puppeteers and puppet companies in the country with profiles of each. There will probably be performance listings eventually and maybe a classifieds index. Other features could be added, depending on what people actually want and will use.

It's intended to be more of an "encyclopedia" kind of thing and it's been in the planning stages for over a year now because it's just a huge project and there is only a few volunteers working on it. The development has also been slow because there's no national body for puppetry in Canada, just regional ones (they're talking about a UNIMA Canada but no word if that is going forward).

It's being slowly put together by CbBoy, who posts here once and awhile. I'm helping with some of the copy writing and research. It's on hold right now while he gets married and moves to the U.S. this month.

What exactly do you think should be done with a website like this?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
My website is being rebuilt right now, email me privately and I can send you all my info.

ScottMonster

Reaction score
I'm in Vancouver. So are at least two other posters, one of whom WAS CB Boy and I'll let the other one identify himself only if he wants to.

I'm pretty much an amateur so puppetry really a hobby for me at this point, but I aspire to professional quality and this whole idea still interests me.