Can anyone ID this Muppet quote?

Aeryn777

Reaction score
hi all,

I really don't know a great deal about The Muppets, however, as a youngster I always remember the line 'Time To Lay Down Some Serious Sounds...'. Someone told me it was Rowlf?

Does anyone know exactly who said it and is it available on any of the LP's as an audio?

Any help on this would be very much appreciated.

kind regards,

Aerynn

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to Muppet Central.

Actually, that quote was said by Floyd Pepper in the intro to one of the two times New York State Of Mind was sung on The Muppet Show.
Floyd: "Hey, the frog is not around.
Time to lay down some serious sound."

If you want the MUP3 I can send it to you, just need your address first. And for future song requests, try posting in the Lots of MUP3's thread first as there are others who can/may be able to help just as well.

Aeryn777

Reaction score
thanks you so much for this well received information!

kind regards, A

dwmckim

Reaction score
Just a quick clarification in case you're combing Youtube or picking up the dvds to find it...

Floyd didn't actually say this on The Muppet Show (both times he sings New York State of Mind on the show, it just starts off straight away with the song) That spoken intro was done specifically for its appearance on The Muppet Show 2 record - it only exists on the audio version instead of video clips.

Didn't want to nitpick but thought i should throw that in just in case you were going on a wild goose chase trying to find it.