Campaigning for the Muppets to host the Oscars

rowlfy662

Reaction score
sadly i just heard that billy crystal will be presenting it next year booooo hiissssssssss and after all the press about how the muppets should do it aswell :sympathy::cry::frown::sigh:

CherryPizza

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but Billy Crystal and the Oscars are so 'yesterday'. He added his own spin and made the show his own back in the 90s, but...

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
Im not hating on Billy Crystal, he's basically the best, thats why hes done it EIGHT times... but the idea of him WITH the Muppets is EPIC. This needs to happen!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I can't complain about Billy Crystal, he's consistently delivered. Though I think it's sad that our pop culture apparently has such a limited selection nowadays, heh.

Jasonzilla

Reaction score
Hopefully the Academy takes note of all the positive publicity that the Muppets brought to the awards show and they decide to use the Muppets extensively throughout the show. As was mentioned, a show like the Oscars would be a natural fit for Kermit and the gang. And Billy Crystal has history with them, so he would be great with the Muppets as well.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I can't think of anyone other than Billy Crystal who would be a safe choice during the controversy. While I think there are plenty of viewers who would be happy with the muppets I'm not sure the academy members would have been with what is happening right now. I think they are trying to avoid controversy. I was hoping for the muppets but I knew they had to solve this qucikly. What I hope happens is that they see an interest in the muppets and perhaps use them as part of the show. Hey on a side note isn't there an episode of Muppets tonight with Billy Crystal?

Drtooth

Reaction score
There is no Oscar Host good enough for anyone. I don't know who the they in this they is (probably TV critics), but they always put so much pressure on the hosts, and it's like they want them to fail so they can complain about it. Someone's too young, someone's not relevant enough, someone's humor is too controversial, someone's humor is too safe, someone jumps around like a monkey, someone's too wooden. It's a no win. It's like being president. Why would you want to if everyone's putting you under a microscope and waiting for you to screw it up so people can make snide comments about you?

Now I won't go into the problems I have with Eddie stepping down , but I really think this was unfortunate that he decided that something was his fault and he had to step down in the first place. I actually WAS looking forward to Eddie hosting it. Which gets us to the other problem not listed. Considering they got Billy Crystal (whom I adore too), someone's going to say "Him again? We want someone new." Only if they got their way there, they'd say, "Someone new? Why can't we get someone more seasoned?"

Saying I love the Muppets and I would love to see them host the Oscars and every awards show possible is a given, right? But somehow I don't think they'd quite fit (not to mention someone's going to complain about brand unity... ABC hosts the Oscars after all), and I wouldn't want them under that intense scruitiny they put other Oscar hosts under. However there is a compromise. They should indeed have the Muppets present the award for animated feature and animated short. Sort of like Cookie didn't host SNL, but they gave him a great cameo anyway.

That way, everyone's happy.

SJohnson

Reaction score
Did you see this:

“I wouldn’t count the Muppets out,” Iger said. “I like the idea of Billy and Miss Piggy or Billy and Kermit on stage.”

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
There is no Oscar Host good enough for anyone. I don't know who the they in this they is (probably TV critics), but they always put so much pressure on the hosts, and it's like they want them to fail so they can complain about it.
Well let's face it, the Oscars can get a little dull. The media has to find something interesting to talk about, lol.