Calling all fans! (Jim Henson Legacy Project)

Splurge

Reaction score
hartattack said:
I'm working on a project for the Jim Henson Co., archiving all of Jim Henson's personal work for the company and for his family. It is a massive project.
I'm writing to challenge Henson fans to write in with Jim's most obscure material. We are looking specifically for works that Jim personally designed, directed, animated or edited (ex: Time Piece, The Cube, etc.). You will be helping us preserve his legacy for the next generation of Hensonites.
Thank you! :smile:

Are you planning to include the various animations and films that Henson contributed for Sesame Street? I think more than half the viewers who've seen King of Eight, or the Baker Films, or Scanimate skit with "Mr. Nobody" for #10, or even the Dollhouse song, would have never guessed that Henson did them.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Warrick is right, at last fall's "Unseen Work of Jim Henson" event at the MTR in New York it was surpising to learn that the Legacy finds new material through fans, ebay, that sort of thing.

I think if there's any doubt about the legitimacy of this post, Hartattack - who is a new, relatively unknown member - could submit his/her name and all the vital information privately to Philip and/or one of the other moderators. It should be relatively easy to verify this post with the Jim Henson Legacy.

pollick529

Reaction score
I got some episodes and albums of Sesamstrasse (Sesame Street in German). :zany: I can dub them for you if you're interested. :smile: E-mail me. :wink: There are some European animations and puppets on the videos, and maybe some original songs made for the German version. :big_grin: So, lemme know if you'd like to put that in your collection for Henson's memorablia package. Thanks!

pollick529@yahoo.ca or gamefan50@hotmail.com

Mark The Shark

Reaction score
Kraml Milk

hartattack said:
I'm working on a project for the Jim Henson Co., archiving all of Jim Henson's personal work for the company and for his family. It is a massive project.
I'm writing to challenge Henson fans to write in with Jim's most obscure material. We are looking specifically for works that Jim personally designed, directed, animated or edited (ex: Time Piece, The Cube, etc.). You will be helping us preserve his legacy for the next generation of Hensonites.
Thank you! :smile:
In the 60s and early 70s, there was a (probably regional) milk company called Kraml Milk. I don't think they exist any more, but in the 1960s, Jim Henson did a bunch of commercials for them with some early Muppet characters. Around 1980 or so, I once happened to see a delivery truck with the Kraml logo on the back along with drawings of two Muppets from the commercials. This kind of surprised me, since this was long after the commercials had stopped running and I was surprised at that time to learn that Kraml Milk (then) still existed.

I am under the impression that these spots might have even been some of the exact same ones done for Wilkins Coffee, another regional product, even the same routines with the same dialogue. I remember seeing a clip of one of those: Pointing a cannon at another Muppet, one Muppet asks: "What do you think of Wilkins Coffee?" "I never tasted it." BOOOOOM!! Pointing the cannon directly at the viewer, the Muppet then asks: "Now what do *you* think of Wilkins?" They were along those lines, but I haven't seen any of these in at least 30 years.