Calling all fans! (Jim Henson Legacy Project)

hartattack

Reaction score
I'm working on a project for the Jim Henson Co., archiving all of Jim Henson's personal work for the company and for his family. It is a massive project.
I'm writing to challenge Henson fans to write in with Jim's most obscure material. We are looking specifically for works that Jim personally designed, directed, animated or edited (ex: Time Piece, The Cube, etc.). You will be helping us preserve his legacy for the next generation of Hensonites.
Thank you! :smile:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Im sure you'll get a lot of help from us guys here, You might also want to post other at the Tough Pigs Muppet Fan Forum - www.ToughPigs.com

see ya

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Some of us know more about certain things than others do, some of us know more about the rest of it all... just curious, though... we all get our information from the Henson Company... now the Henson Company's turning to us? hehe. cool!

All you have to do is ask what it is you wanna know.

Whatever

Reaction score
Not to be cynical, but we all know that Henson has very detailed archives, it sounds a bit phoney that they would come asking us for help on tapes. If I had any of the stuff you want, which unfortunately I don't, I would like to see more proof before sending anything. This could be a very clever way of getting tapes without paying/trading for them.

jediX

Reaction score
It looks like he/she is after the actual information, not the tapes.

Luke

Reaction score
I doubt there is much known about by fans in terms of obscure or undiscovered work that isn't known about by Henson themselves, Jane Henson is a great source for all this kinda stuff. The people here have learned from documentaries and Henson led presentations like 'Vision' and 'Muppetfest'. I would try speaking to Michael Dixon who runs Kermitage.com if you haven't already, he should be a great source of information. If it was more giving info or footage of Jim's early or obscure TV appearances the fans might be of more help, I know people have lots of stuff taped and also lots of TV companies still have things in their archives.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
There is alot of stuff that Henson still not own, They recently found quite a few Shows and Commercials from the 60's on eBay... Which they did not already own.

In the early days Jim didnt preserve stuff, He jsut wanted to do new stuff and leave the old stuff behind.

Luke

Reaction score
Really ? I never knew that. Yeah maybe somebody around here has picked up something from Ebay too at some point then.