Bye everybody! I'm leavin' to audition for Disney!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Yep, I'm actually gonna do it!

Wow, th--this has all happened so fast...*pant, pant*...

Okay, so, like, I found out 'bout a week ago that Disney recruiters will be in Cincinnati this Tuesday to audition singers and dancers!!! :eek: :big_grin:

Now, I'm not sure exactly where they're lookin' to put these---I've seen conflictin' reports that say Disney Cruise, Tokyo Disneyland, and both. And I'm not certain whether "musical performer" will be somethin' they audition or not, but I got me a comedic monologue memorized just in case (translation: one of my favorite sitcom spiel's from a character---I mean, c'mon, I just found out about this a WEEK ago!!).

And I'm gonna get together with somebody after church tonight to play through the handful of songs I have picked out to audition with (they want 2 contrastin' ones---think I'll do an '80s one and a country one), so we can pick the two that seem best.

Then tomorrow night I'm gonna drive up after work (Yankee country, yeek!), stay in a hotel (WITH a hot tub!!!! OH yeah!!! [and indoor pool, too]), and then audition Tuesday.

"Dancers" are at 10 a.m., "Singers" are at 1 p.m. And if they happen to have anything for actin' stuff, I'll go for that, too.

And I would like to thank muh MC pal "jeremyactor". He has been more than gracious in providin' me with good info (I've never done anything like this before), and he has managed to encourage me enough to try out for the dance auditions. Initially I didn't feel "qualified" enough, but Jeremy's rully convinced me to for it no matter what. Thanks, man. You're awesome. :smile:

I've taken the whole day offa work Tuesday (and I still get paid---HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!?), so either later that day (dependin' on when I get done) or the next day I can spend some much-needed leisure time at the Cincinnati Zoo, or perhaps go to the museum and OMNIMAX theater, or maybe even bof. :zany: Then I'll stay again that night and come back to work Wednesday afternoon.

But I'll tell ya one thing's "fer sure"---I'm definitely 'onna be in a HOT TUB Tuesday night!!!!!

:big_grin:

Ooohhhhhhh, I'm so exciiiiiiiiiiiiiiited!!!!!!!

anathema

Reaction score
At last...

...there really will be a "hot-tub story"...

Seriously, good luck :smile:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Re: At last...

Originally posted by anathema
...there really will be a "hot-tub story"...

Seriously, good luck :smile:
As for the story, not if I can help it!! :eek:

But thanks fer the luck! :smile:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
:eek: :eek:

WOW!

i wish you the best of luck!

when you decide on the songs can we get some titles...just curious!

WOW!!!! GO BYRON GO BYRON *does freaky dance on floor*

Sarah

Luke

Reaction score
Byron,

I sooooooooooo hope you get something - really, i do - you really deserve it and are a complete natural. Hope ya have fun !

I can just see it now - Disney's "Harry and the Hendersons" stage play (Starring Byron Summers)

:stick_out_tongue:

radionate

Reaction score
[nice nate]

*ahem*

break a leg

[/nice nate]

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Thanks so far y'all (and a special thanks to Nice Nate!!! :eek: :big_grin: ), but Sarah, I'm afraid I don't wanna mention what songs I'll be auditionin' wif yet---I was goin' to, but then I thought, hey, ya never know who reads these boards, and I don't wanna leak out anything about what I'm gonna do! :concern:

I woudln't want someone seein' the song titles, then auditionin' wif 'em right before I do---I know, I know, that would hardly happen, but just in case, lol... :wink:

Wow, I just talked to muh church's pianist, and we're on for tonight at their house after church---this is gonna be SO nice, cause, while I play and sing, that's not how the auditions go---so I figger it's better to do it like it'll happen, wif someone else playin' whilse I sing 'em.

WOW I am pumped!!!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Byron,

I sooooooooooo hope you get something - really, i do - you really deserve it and are a complete natural. Hope ya have fun !

I can just see it now - Disney's "Harry and the Hendersons" stage play (Starring Byron Summers)

:stick_out_tongue:
Won't even need a costume! :crazy:

Have fun, Byron! Hope all goes well!

Jackie

Reaction score
No matter how it goes Byron, we're all proud of you for going for it!

GOOD LUCK!!! lalalaaa!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
I'm definitely 'onna be in a HOT TUB Tuesday night!!!!!
i want to be in a hot tub too.....just not in the same one you're in..no offense!!!

oh ya, and good luck..

ryan