Building Elmo: Need help!

FUZZYRED

Reaction score
Hi, I just gather matreial from Austraila and started. It turn out great but, I am worry about how to do mouth board while hold the foam. Can someone tell me how plus to upload the pics. I join photobucket and tries but won't show!!!

puppetise

Reaction score
Hey mate try getting a hold of some foam core and use a exacto knife to cut the circle for your mouth plate.

Then locate on your circle where you want the fold to be then score the board DO NOT CUT ALL THE WAY THROUGH!

Once you have done that fold your mouth plate you should now have two semi circles joined by the cardboard on the outside.

The next step is to put a thin foam on the back where your hand will go then i usually place another piece of foam on top of that but only glue around the edges so my fingers can slip in between the two pieces do the same on the bottom for your thumb.

The next step is material for your mouth which will be visible Elmo's mouth is black simply cut a circle larger then you mouth plate by a centermeter if you intend to stitch it to your red fur if not the other method is to glue the fur down to the mouth plate.

Best of luck

-Wayne-

FUZZYRED

Reaction score
Thank! Scvsnare, that was really close to real Elmo puppet and keep up the good work! I think my Elmo head is almost the same and have wait to see!

Rymoore21

Reaction score
Scvsnare9, how weird: I just watched this on YouTube yesterday and then saw your post today.

Sam Bald Eagle

Reaction score
Hey fuzzyred how are you where in aus are you? I'm in melb and a puppet maker more than happy to help you out if you still need assistance with this?

Scvsnare9

Reaction score
Anyone interested in buying my Elmo? I was thinking of
building a new one and I wouldn't have a use for this one.
om if you are interested.

Rymoore21

Reaction score
Too bad! I would have bought him but I finally just built my own.