Bugs Bunny in Outer Space

Xerus

Reaction score
A year later after Bugs Bunny Follies, Bugs came back with another live stage show. Bugs Bunny in Outer Space. And I found it better than the first show.

It started off with a bunch of dancing girls in spacesuits singing an galactic starting song. Then it showed Bugs in his home about to enjoy a carrot snack. But then all the carrots in his house started to disappear. And he heard on the radio that all the carrots on Earth were disappearing. Bugs became horrified and called his friends Batman and Robin to investigate. As they left, Bugs sang a sad song called, "You Can't Live in a World Without Carrots."

Batman and Robin met up with Wonder Woman and found out who took all the carrots. It was the Joker, Penguin, Cheetah, and the Riddler. They had locked all the world's carrots in a small safe somehow. They tried to stop the villains but the villains locked our heroes in a huge metal ball and pushed it off the stage. And on a TV screen, it showed the ball getting shot in space like a pinball. With our heroes out of the way, the villains were planning on taking the carrots to Planet X.

Meanwhile, Bugs received a tip that all the carrots were on Planet X. And in came Daffy as Duck Dodgers and Porky as his eager young cadet. They agreed to give Bugs a ride to Planet X.

Then it showed the Coyote in a space suit bringing in a huge robot and programmed it to chase and catch the Road Runner. But instead the robot went after the Coyote.

Bugs, Daffy, and Porky stopped at a space station to fuel up and it was run by Foghorn Leghorn and Sylvester dressed in jumpsuits. Sylvester saw Tweety with a space helmet hanging around the station and asked him if he'd help him in the kitchen. Tweety asked the kids in the audience if he should go in the kitchen with Sylvester and they all shouted, "NOOOOOO!" So Tweety left and Sylvester became disappointed.

Bugs, Daffy, and Porky left in their spaceship. But then, Yosemite Sam as a space bounty hunter invaded the station, stole all the food, and left. Then Speedy Gonzales came in with a bunch of girl waitress bringing in trays of Mexican food to replace the stolen food and sang a song about it. But in a nearby crate, the Tasmanian Devil busted out and destroyed the station.

Then the intermission happened.

In act two, we find ourselves on Planet X with a bunch of alien dancing girls and Marvin the Martian comes in and announces intruders. He puts on his invisible cloak and tells the kids that only they can see him and no others can. Bugs, Daffy, and Porky, wearing Star Trek shirts, arrive on the planet and wondered if anyone was watching them. They ended up bumping into someone invisible and they somehow reveal Marvin. The Martian, seeing that they're not hostile, agrees to help them find the missing carrots. But Bugs falls into a dark pit and we find him in the darkness with four moving alien eyeballs who magcially pick up Bugs and get him out of the pit.

While searching, Porky ends up meeting Petunia Pig on the planet. She said she traveled all the way there to be with him and sang him a love song.

Meanwhile, the Joker, Penguin, Cheetah, and Riddler wanted to hire a bodyguard to scare away Bugs and his crew. And when they hear Yosemite Sam's vicious resume, they hired him. But Batman, Robin, and Wonder Woman had escaped from the metal ball and they scared Sam away. Bugs and the gang arrive as the heroes open up the safe. They found the carrots missing and the villains were surprised for they didn't know what happened to them. Wonder Woman lassoed the villains and she, Batman, and Robin took them away.

Bugs and the gang were still wondering, until in stepped a giant purple alien rabbit in a black cape and helmet eating all the Earth's carrots. Bugs asked the purple rabbit to give back his carrots and he bellowed, "NO!" in a deep scary voice. Daffy said if he could give the purple rabbit the universe's largest carrot, would he give the carrots back? The purple rabbit agreed. And Daffy activated his gun and made a giantic carrot balloon blow up. The purple rabbit became happy and grateful that he gave the carrots back to Bugs and wanted to be their friend. And all the Looney Tunes and heroes came out to to sing one final happy ending song.

I sure wish I could relive seeing that great show again. :smile:

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I think I might know about this as well(and the other one you posted). This was from the 90s right? Because as far as I know, thats when WB owned DC comics.

Xerus

Reaction score
muppet maniac said:
I think I might know about this as well(and the other one you posted). This was from the 90s right? Because as far as I know, thats when WB owned DC comics.
Actually, it was from the late 70s. As well as Bugs Bunny Follies. I'm always hoping I could find these great stage shows on video somewhere, but so far, no luck.

Tim Kelly

Reaction score
I believe my family & I went in 1981, and I did take poor-quality, blurry, out-of-focus pictures! I still have them somewhere, and I promise I'll try to find them.

Xerus

Reaction score
Tim Kelly said:
I believe my family & I went in 1981, and I did take poor-quality, blurry, out-of-focus pictures! I still have them somewhere, and I promise I'll try to find them.
I'm glad you and your family got to experience this great show. I wish you luck finding those pictures. :smile:

Xerus

Reaction score
Here's a commercial for that very show I went to.

wiley207

Reaction score
Pretty cool! I also find it neat how they had Marvin the Martian wear his green suit and gold helmet that he had in "Hare-Way to the Stars" and "Mad as a Mars Hare". His costume was probably the most on-model out of all the Looney Tunes.