Buckethead

Old Thunder

Reaction score

So there are several threads we talk about music in, but here I wanna talk about a specific artist - Buckethead. Yeah. The guy who wears a KFC bucket and a Michael Myers mask and somehow happens to be one of the most insanely talented guitarists on the planet. And prolific. My god, prolific. Over 300 albums, not to mention other solo works and appearances with other musicians. This guy is crazy. In a very, very good way. I love Buckethead's stuff. He's one of my top five favorite artists.

It might seem surprising that I'd start a Buckethead thread before a Maiden one, but I honestly think you guys might appreciate him a little more. When I say "you guys" I don't mean people like @LittleJerry92 (though if he hasn't heard him he needs to). I mean more of the non-metal fans here. Why do I think this? Simply because Big B isn't really metal. He's actually got a finger in several genres - metal, rock, alt, electronic, etc. And most of his stuff is instrumental. When I say most, I mean that there's only 1 album he's every released, if I recall correctly, to feature vocals. The rest might have some soundbits but no actual singing. Hence, with so many genres and albums to choose from, and no potentially bad vocals to listen to, not to mention his quirks which Muppet fans in particular would likely enjoy, I honestly think he'd be something you guys would like.

So anyways, I'm not too far into his discography, relatively, but I thought I'd post this just the same. If anyone's interested in him and need some pointers - or if you've already heard his music and wanna have a chat with Old Thunder here, let's get this show on the road.

~
Welcome to
BUCKETHEADLAND
~

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Guitar Hero 2 - Jordan - awesome song! That's all I can really offer.:sympathy::smirk:

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Guitar Hero 2 - Jordan - awesome song! That's all I can really offer.:sympathy::smirk:
Ah yes, Jordan. Not Buckethead's best song but - it's Buckethead! Great jam! I've never played a Guitar Hero game in my life but I feel sorry for those who attempted this one, lol. :stick_out_tongue:

Old Thunder

Reaction score
For Buckethead, at least. :big_grin:

Fun fact about Jordan if you didn't know already - it was released specifically for Guitar Hero II and hasn't actually ever been released on one of his albums. He also considers it has personal favorite IIRC.

Since you like Jordan, by the way, you may also enjoy some of these:

King James
Awesome opener to Crime Slunk Scene and a personal favorite of mine. Very cool.

Soothsayer
One of Bucket's most popular works and one many consider his finest creation. Written for his Aunt Suzie, it's highly emotional and a masterpiece of guitar and is the song that got me into him.

Nottingham Lace
The other extremely popular Buckethead song. It's usually a toss-up between Jordan, Nottingham Lace, and Soothsayer for best Buckethead song.

The Rising Sun
This was released in honor of Japan disaster victims and IIRC all proceeds went to help them out.

And I mean, beyond this... just some amazing stuff you'll find in his repertoire.