brown Grover

somethingofafan

Reaction score
People keep mentioning that Grover was once a brownish color. Does anyone have any pictures? If not, could anyone describe the color? Were there any other distinguishing features different from the blue version we all know and love. I've seen the orange Oscar, the haggard-looking Big Bird, and Ernie with a different shirt, but never the earliest version of Grover.

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
Well, the color of the Brown Grover is...(*drumroll*)... Brown.

I know, shocking. Basically he was just like todays Grover but Brown. (*Bows*) Thank you, thank you.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Well, I think that "Brown Grover's" name, or nick-name was FUZZY-FACE.

Reason why is because in the 1969 sketch with him and Kermit, he is addressed as "Fuzzy-Face."

Splurge

Reaction score
As well as "old fuzzy face" he was referred to as "the hairy one". Interestingly, in Unpaved he's described as being a greyish-green. Since then, I've always referred to him as Green Grover.

There must have been other skits with Kermit and 1st Season Green Grover, as Kermit initially reacted as dealing with him before. Does anyone know of any?

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
I have seen the old grover and he looked brown to me. i didnt realyl see any green.

Pino

Reaction score
I wonder if there where more grover like creatures on sesamestreet. I only know his mom and super grover... and the brown grover (was that him too or another character?)

Splurge

Reaction score
There was a skit where Grover's mommy was depicted as the Green-Brown-Gray Grover in a wig and eyeshadow. I guess they still kept the old puppet around even if they used a new blue Grover.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
While we're on the subject of early Muppet appearances...

Did Cookie Monster have a different voice once? ( I know that he's shared by Frank Oz and David Rudman now, but I'm talking about his early appearances) I heard that "Everybody Likes Ice Cream" song on Muppet Central Radio and I remember somebody mentioned before was that was the first time Cookie Monster spoke. I did hear a monster's voice, but it didn't sound like him, unless that was an early appearance and the voice was different. Could someone give me some info on this.