Brian Henson is doing a good job

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I have stated that I foresee probably 5 years (once it starts) of Disney pulling out all the stops with the Muppets, and then we'll begin to see less and less of them--just the same way Disney does with ALL their other properties.
I'm not savvy with any of this business talk really, with all the buying and selling and rights and whatnot but I would like to address this...

If Disney does do as you foresee, don't you think that Brian or one of the other Henson children would step in? Jim Henson wouldn't want the Muppets to vanish from the eyes of the public and become a rare appearance every now and then, would he?

I just don't understand any of this business talk. I don't understand why after Jim Henson's death the Muppets began to trek downhill. I don't understand any of it at all really and I find it beyond frustrating. Perhaps I need a 'The Muppets & The Jim Henson Company: For Dummies' manual. Anyone have one of those to share?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
well ok how can i explan this in simple terms i think we all can understand. Jim was the leader so to speak of the muppets which befor his death inculed the SS and everything else that JHC did. he was the one who said what they did and how they did it, and he clearly knew what he wanted them to do.
When he died though other people like Brian Henson Disney and the folks at EM.Tv thought they all had a better way for the muppets to go. Thats where the problems started to many hands in the job that one man had had alot of contorl over. So what the muppets need now is someone strong and knows the muppets for who they really are and then get busy with them. Not a compony a person thats why it makes me sad to see the muppets go to disny i would have thought if anyone could save the muppets it would have been the Hensons. becaues they would have known more about Jim and his wishes better then anyone.

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
well ok how can i explan this in simple terms i think we all can understand. Jim was the leader so to speak of the muppets which befor his death inculed the SS and everything else that JHC did. he was the one who said what they did and how they did it, and he clearly knew what he wanted them to do.
When he died though other people like Brian Henson Disney and the folks at EM.Tv thought they all had a better way for the muppets to go. Thats where the problems started to many hands in the job that one man had had alot of contorl over. So what the muppets need now is someone strong and knows the muppets for who they really are and then get busy with them. Not a compony a person thats why it makes me sad to see the muppets go to disny i would have thought if anyone could save the muppets it would have been the Hensons. becaues they would have known more about Jim and his wishes better then anyone.
Ah, okay... Thanks for clearing that up, Dwayne. :smile: After straggling behind in a muddle on all this for so long, it's nice to finally understand the gist.

My next statement/suggestion... Wouldn't it have been a better idea if when the Henson children bought back the company, that they would fund it and run it in a sort of collective way with - who better? - the Muppeteers? I don't necessarily mean the greener ones; I mean the ones who have been around since practically the beginning such as Steve Whitmire, Dave Goelz, Jerry Nelson, Frank Oz, etc.

I mean, what does EM.TV and Disney know of the Henson/Muppet dream? The dream and legacy of Jim Henson survives through his children and the Muppeteers that helped make the Muppets what they are today to millions. Who better to run the company?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
hey your welcome glad i could help, It has been very confusing for me as well so glad i can clear that up for you.

I really think that thought you have is a good one in fact i have probly thought the same thiing a time or two. I personaly believe that if the five Henson children Frank Oz and Jerry Julle would take hold of the muppets that things would be a whole lot better. But that is just a wishfull dream now and it will mre then likely never happen becaues of disney. Now it will be interesting to see if they use one person Brian Henson and use him to his fullest as producer and or Director. We shall have to see what takes place in the months to come it a exiting yet scary time for us as muppet fans. :smile: