Bret McKenzie to write script and music for "Emmet Otter’s Jug-Band Christmas" reboot

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Believe me when I say I'm no Emmet Otter purist or anything - I never saw it until my early teens and even though it's visually great and the music is nice, I don't love it the way I love Jim's other stuff (mainly because it's not that funny). So, there's no "childhood ruined" aspect for me here.

That said, I don't need this at all. I like Bret and his work on the recent movies was great, but I feel this is one thing the JHC should just leave alone (even if they already did that stage show version, but that's a different case).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Seeing Emmet Otter as a kid, I hated it, because it seemed so depressing, not at all what I expect from the usually wacky, off-beat, and humorous Muppets.

Seeing Emmet Otter again as an adult (last Christmas when it was shown in theaters), I don't hate it, and I can appreciate it for the piece of Muppet history that it is (given it was pretty "advanced" for the Muppets at that time) . . . but I feel like it probably could have worked better as a half-hour special, since so much of the first half of the special is mostly Emmet and his Ma lamenting about how dirt poor they are, which starts to get tiring.