BotCon!

grail

Reaction score
if there are screen captures out there, i have yet to find them.

they're playing it kind of close to the vest, and not giving us much. the effect is that everyone's DYING to see it. they showed part of the "movie" think about how cartoon network Justice League, three episodes all at once, one story...probably widescreen. the trick is that they only showed it to those at the dinner...which i didn't attend, and i get the impression Max didn't either.

oh, and for the record, i'm a Cowboy Bebop fan too...

grail

Reaction score
you wanna talk shame?

as i've stated in other threads, i used to work for Zany Brainy. while i was there is when WotC started up their Pokemon Trading Card Game League. as the only person who worked there that had ever played a card game before (i was a Magic: the Gathering player in high school, surprised?), and fulfilling the cliche of being the one who "missed the meeting", guess who got to be in carge of it. i even ended up on the news in my horrible yellow "gym leader" shirt when that whole "pokemon teaches gambling" crap started up. it was horrible...

beaker

Reaction score
>>>oh, and for the record, i'm a Cowboy Bebop fan too...<<<

sweet. have you seen the movie yet(knockin on heaven's door)?
i was a fan of the series, but man when i saw th eimport dvd...oh my! blows the series animation AWAY! btw, when I come to gateway stores for their internet Im usually either wearing a cowboy bebop, invader zim, or electric mayhem shirt:wink:

So theyre keeping close guard on the new cartoon eh?
I just hope it doesnt look like any of the superhero or typical american cartoons were so used to seeing. so has anybody on here seen ANY clips or screens of the show? I cant find any thoughts on it at all. just the anticipation. i guess i'll just have to wait for tape trades with one of you guys, as i have no cable:wink:

Whyc ant this be on fox??? awwww

grail

Reaction score
i havn't seen the movie yet, just the series...but it's on my list of things i need to get.

BTW, i talked to a guy from Rhino while i was waiting for Pat Lee's autograph on Saturday. they were doing interviews for a "future season set release". they then proceeded to talk to Simon Furman and Pat Lee both...holding up the autograph line for a good 5-10 minutes.

the moral to this story? the season 2 boxed set is set to be released in september, so their "drop dead" date should be long gone. my guess is that it's for season 3.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>i havn't seen the movie yet, just the series...but it's on my list of things i need to get.

wait, so youve seen episodes of armada??? what would you liken the look and feel to?

>>>BTW, i talked to a guy from Rhino while i was waiting for Pat Lee's autograph on Saturday. they were doing interviews for a "future season set release". they then proceeded to talk to Simon Furman and Pat Lee both...holding up the autograph line for a good 5-10 minutes. the moral to this story? the season 2 boxed set is set to be released in september, so their "drop dead" date should be long gone. my guess is that it's for season 3<<<

hmm, is this about the original g1 series?

btw, why in the world are the going for exact replicas of the 20 year old takara brand of tf with the new armada line in toy stores??? it seems a newer look would be best.
im sorry, but the newer gundam figures and packaging beats the pants of these and the RiD ones.

grail

Reaction score
actually, the series i was talking about was Bebop...

as for the interviews and season 3 and all that, i was talking about the Transformers Season sets that rhino is putting out. there has been some speculation as to wether or not they'd be able to do past season 2 because Hasbro threw most of the episodes away. Rhino apparantly went so far as to get episodes from fans who had taped them. because they were interviewing NOW, with season 2 less than 2 months from hitting stores, my guess is that they're doing it for season 3.

and, i'm not sure what you mean by exact replicas? replicas of what?

beaker

Reaction score
>>>and, i'm not sure what you mean by exact replicas? replicas of what?<<<

well, i saw the new RiD and armada tf figures, and the packaging and look of the figures looks EXACTLY as they did 2 decades ago.
same cheap plastic look.

hasbro lost the archives of some of tf??? that sounds bizarre, that rhino would go to fan's old vhs tapes(how bad of quality would those dvds be then?) Wasnt TF from japan, and just imported like robotech? (ie: from takara?)

grail

Reaction score
ah, i see what you mean then...though i have no good answer. my guess is that they use the cheaper plastic because it makes it easier to import to the states.

and yeah, it sounded strange to me too, but then i realized that while the eps were originally from japan, they were all recut and then dubbed, so one of the japanese episodes is not going to look like one of the american ones. it's all a matter of the editing process that went on in bringing the show to us. as for them looking bad, well...season 1 looked pretty nice, and if Rhino seems to specialize in cleaning up older stuff, so i have hope.

grail

Reaction score
for my fellow Transfans...

i stopped by TRU earlier today, and was VERY surprised to see "Rodimus Major" sitting right there on the shelf. i knew he was being re-released, but i didn't realize they were out already! needless to say i bought him (he's less than $20!), and i can't wait to find Ultra Magnus and Optimus Prime himself soon.

(for the record, it seems that the next re-release here in the states will be Starscream...which takes us one step closer to my being able to finally get Prowl!! the next Japanese re-release will be Soundwave)

UncleDeadly

Reaction score
Hey Grail, I couldnt get your page to load up, did it get taken down already.

I've always wanted to go to a botcon, but have never wanted to travel alone across the country to one. I have a ton of people I know who go to them (ever hear/meet members of the Dominion of Monkeys and the Fnord Empire) and I would love to actually meeet them one of these years.

And I had not realized Armada was coming out so soon. I'd heard of it, but not much. I will have to find time to watch this in the fall at school!!