Blues Clues question

furryfriends

Reaction score
My younger cosin is a huge fan of blues clues and me and my grandma decided to make him a puppet for christmas i was just wondering if any one could point me in the correct direction of buying fur we have tried every where joans ect also we are having trouble on the nose thanks for all your help

here is a picture of the puppet we are basing it off of

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...?q=blues+clues&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&safe=active

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Search the forum under "fur supplier" or even just "fur" and you'll come across at least a dozen web sites to check out.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
why does the nose have to be something specific, if your new to puppet building, why not experiment , im sure it was custom made from foam, or maybe cast in latex, you will not find a blues nose in a store,

unless you buy a large pluch Blue, and cut his nose off,

you could always do surgery on a plush toy blue , it already has the fur, and the nose, and you would just need to add a working mouth

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
John Kennedy's great (and cheap!) book "Puppet Mania" has a fantastic, easy method for converting plush toys in to puppets. You could also take apart a plush Blue's Clues toy and study it's pattern.

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
"...you could always do surgery on a plush toy blue , it already has the fur, and the nose, and you would just need to add a working mouth"

This certainly seems like it would yield the best results.

puppetsmith

Reaction score
For a good replica of the nose, here's an option:

Sculpt a nose out of Sculpey and bake it according to the directions. Since the Sculpey nose will more than likely be too heavy and/or too awkward to attach to the puppet, use Plasti Dip. Dip the nose in the Plasti Dip and build up a fairly thick coat around the Sculpey nose. Then slice it open from the back and carefully peel it off the Sculpey. I'd mix the blue and the black Plasti Dip to achieve the navy color of the nose. If you want the nose to be hard, brush some wood glue or epoxy on the inside (maybe several coats). if you want it to be soft, stuff it with some foam or fiberfill. Glue it to the head and your done.