Billionaire Saban in Talks to Buy Muppet Makers

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog

Zack)Rowlf the, take one step and then again, come on lets to do the mario! Dog.
Come on now, JUUUUST LIIIIKE THAAAT!! I love that! Especially when he fixes his pose at the end! Ha Ha HA

Originally posted by Bean Bunny
Disney was invovled in the making of Hammerman.
Yeah, and if you give him a quarter, M.C. Hammer will perform at your next Birthday party too!

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Disney bought DIC with the ABC so that means Disney had no hand in the making of Hammerman. Hammerman was made in 1992 0r 1991. The Disney/ABC merger was in 1995.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, I havt to retract the "quarter Birthday party" thing. After he performed at my Birthday party last year, my silver ware was missing. I had to eat out of plastic sporks and fnives (fork knives, it will never catch on) for a month. Then I found that he hid them in his baggy pants. I thought I heard a jingling when he left.

JUST KIDDING!!!!!

SgtPepper

Reaction score
Saban.... hmmm.... That would kinda suck cause he has stupid shows (which are now called "classic tv" in my school.) Anyway I would rather have World Wrestling Entertainment buy the muppets than Saban. But we all know the best owner of the muppets would be me... I wouldn't leave it alone... I would bring back the Electric Mayhem... IN BIG TIME SPEAKING ROLES !!!! (now all I need to do is find the talent)

but Seriously I think theyre best bet is Disney is the best bet right now as much as I hate them for doing sequels. Think of all the cool stuff Disney could do with the muppets.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Yes, the majority (from what I see anyway) finally agree or realize that Disney would probably be the best place for Henson. Whether they're TRYING or Saban is still bidding or anyone is doing ANYTHING, we just don't know. Well, maybe by New Year's.

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Uh, the Saban deal has fallen and Disney has supposed nom more interested due to current econimic situations at the company. I am not saying that Disney buyout is not possible but Henson has been for sale, for about year and 1/2 know, you would think that EM.TV would have sold them by now.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Heck, makes me wonder if EM.TV will keep the Muppets. I mean, how much money do they want? Henson's been up for sale since March 2001!

Luke

Reaction score
Actually it's very serious - i'm sure EMTV might like to keep the Muppets now they are making some money and the promotional and licensing rewards are being reaped but they have big bills to pay and not yet recouping the money they expected from the Henson sale means they have to find the money for those bills someplace else. If they can't - it means Henson and the Muppets could be owned by a bank come next year and then the nasty stuff really starts to hit the fan !