Big New Henson Alternative News!

unclematt

Reaction score
It has been two months and we have not seen new videos. Are these virals dead already?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
So far, all the SUDS stuff I've seen has been the same I've already seen. They really aren't planning to do anything new with it, are they?

unclematt

Reaction score
It was just one episode That does not make sence to me.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
So far, all the SUDS stuff I've seen has been the same I've already seen. They really aren't planning to do anything new with it, are they?
Seems like there are a lot of misses with the Henson Company. I suppose the focus of resources right now are going to the kids division of Dinosaur Train, Sid the Science Kid and the new Doozer show they're working on in order to make some cash in this tough market. It's understandable for them to do so when even Disney is tightening their belt.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Meh, they should have done a few things on the cheap to get a couple episodes done so the characters could develop a little.

I guess I'd like to see them moving along on the other things in the kids division for sure. We need more positive things for kids, and JHC is the fine makers of great things like that.

unclematt

Reaction score
t is sad because I really enjoyed the first episode.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Meh, they should have done a few things on the cheap to get a couple episodes done so the characters could develop a little.

I guess I'd like to see them moving along on the other things in the kids division for sure. We need more positive things for kids, and JHC is the fine makers of great things like that.
I think they should just tape themselves playing around with the puppets and post them to the YouTube and the Henson site. Get the brand out there. SUDS and Tinseltown tried too hard. It's things like Puppet Up that people really respond to.

unclematt

Reaction score
I think they should just tape themselves playing around with the puppets and post them to the YouTube and the Henson site. Get the brand out there. SUDS and Tinseltown tried too hard. It's things like Puppet Up that people really respond to.
Wasn't there another webisode series that was supposed to be in the works.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You have a superb idea there, Froggy! I like this and would love to see it happen.

In the words of my ape cousins, "Ooga booga!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seems like there are a lot of misses with the Henson Company. I suppose the focus of resources right now are going to the kids division of Dinosaur Train, Sid the Science Kid and the new Doozer show they're working on in order to make some cash in this tough market.
I agree to everything, except I doubt the Doozer thing will ever get made. After seeing what Disney has done for the Muppets so far, and comparing it with What Henson's doing at the moment, I get more and more pleased that Disney owns them and actually does something with them. I think that Robot Chicken sketch about Power of the Dark Crystal hit the nail so succinctly on the head, it's scary. It's a shame that the only thing Henson has delivered on is 2 CGI TV shows (good ones) and a series of CGI movies, but they're still struggling with too much other projects.

Movies aside (Fraggle Rock isn't completely Henson's fault), they have all these ideas for shows, they unveil so much, and all we get is one or two episodes a year later, then nothing. I agree completely, we need them to make web exclusive Puppet Up Virals to get the brand out there... maybe absorb all the characters from these unrealized series into the cast? I just wanna see something besides Sid and Dinotrain. And I know they can be capable of something great if they just focus on one thing at a time.