BIG BIRD'S ABC'S Commercial!

CBPuppets

Reaction score
That's exciting to see someone like Big Bird to have his own Show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know it's way too early in the morning when you misread the title billing as:

"Sesame Street Live! She's A Buffalo!"

AAO

Reaction score
haha... It threw me off as well.. then when I saw Tee-Hee I was like, 'Oh, i remember this.."

superboober

Reaction score
Of the 4 Sesame Street Live shows I saw in person, this one was probably my favorite (although it came to the Wilkes-Barre area about a year after it debuted nationally). Boy did the memories come back hearing that familiar variation of the theme again; you were certainly pumped when the lights went down and the spoltlights started flashing across the curtains to the tune. Somewhere in the house, I still have the program to this and the other Live shows I saw. The best parts of this one were Grover's crash entrance and relation of how he'd seen the flying saucer (he should know asking if people are not going to laugh at an unusual story pretty much ensures they will laugh), and Guy Smiley's game show section, definitely his best Live moment. I would have liked to have seen Tee Hee incorporated into the show proper (who knows, maybe they did briefly consider it at some point), but at least having her appear in a sequel show was a nice plus.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I know i would have wanted to see this but didn't ever get to. I never knew back in the 90's about most of the SSL. I think i saw commericals but never got to see any. Either it didn't come to a close city for my parents to ever think or they just didn't care. Don't know but this really would have been fun to see.

Reaction score
I do remember Bert singing "It's Hip to Be A Square" during SSL. You refreshed my memory! Loved the original too

(Sings bridge and final chrous)
No matter where I am
No matter where I go
No matter who I'm with, I know
It's hip to be a square
(Hip, hip, so hip to be)
It's hip to be a square
(Hip, hip, so hip to be)
So hip to be a square!
(music fades out)

SSLFan

Reaction score
I wish I could've attened SSL in the 80's. The shows looked so cool and vintage. The same with most of the 90's shows. I saw 123 Imagine! Elmo's Coloring Book, When I Grow Up, Big Bird's Sunny Day Campout, and Let's Be Friends. The only show I didn't see but really wanted to is Let's Play School, lol.