Big Bird goes to the West Wing!

Princess Melora

Reaction score
Big Bird, Grover, Rosita, Zoe and Elmo will be appearing on an episode of NBC's The West Wing!

No word on when it will air -- probably sometime during sweeps.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Kinda sounds similar to the time Big Bird visited the White House in the 70's ... does anyone remember those episodes?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Wonder what the plot is going to be? I suppose probably the SS Muppets have created some kind of conspiracy, so the FBI has them arrested and takes them before the President where they are forced to say who they're working for...

...That Thomas Haffa just won't go away, will he??!

Chad Kermit

Reaction score
Or they questioned the President's Guard service record :embarrassed: They could be considered terror threats esp Elmo, I mean nobody is that happy. :big_grin:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
This is cool! I mean, Big Bird already has a left wing and a right wing, so why not a west wing?

:crazy:

anathema

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
This is cool! I mean, Big Bird already has a left wing and a right wing, so why not a west wing?

:crazy:
Ouch! I thought that kind of joke went out with the "Davy Crockett" / "Captain Kirk" versions...

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Here's a story about it from zap2it.com:

Big Bird Flaps Wings to 'West Wing'
(Thursday, February 12 04:28 PM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Elmo could meet Leo.
Zoe the Muppet could meet Zoey Bartlett.

Somebody, apparently, has told the cast of "Sesame Street" how to get to Pennsylvania Avenue. Several of "Sesame Street's" most popular residents are about to visit television's most popular political drama when Big Bird, Elmo, Zoe and Rosita guest star on "The West Wing."

The Wednesday, March 3 cameos will mark the first time that these Muppets have guest starred on a prime time series.
In the episode, President Bartlett (Martin Sheen) enlists C.J. (Allison Janney) to try to improve the First Lady's (Stockard Channing) image. As a solution, the First Lady films a public service announcement where she gives Elmo a checkup.

If this crossover is successful, perhaps The Count will be called into the Oval Office to help out next time there's a key vote in the House.

"One Republican Senator crossing party lines... Ah-hah-hah," he might say.

This year marks the 35th anniversary of "Sesame Street."

I never watch that show but I think I'll make an exception this time.