Big Bird Book Signing ... I Can't Wait!

SuperGrover

Reaction score
Originally posted by smcguire
Oops! No, Warrick, it's my turn to be embarrassed. Of course I meant "Big Bird or Oscar", not Grover. :embarrassed:
That is a-ok, Scott McGuire. As another testament to the Wisdom of Big Bird, "Everyone makes mistakes, oh yes they do. Big people, small people, matter of fact, all people! Everyone makes mistakes, so why can't you?" :sing: :big_grin:

Another one of my favorite memories from watching Big Bird as a kid was him always strangling himself when he would walk into that bar across the top of the doorway to his nest area. :stick_out_tongue: I was so amused to see an illustration of that in Caroll's book!

smcguire

Reaction score
Warrick - You're right, Caroll Spinney must be psychic. And he's so modest he didn't even mention that.

Travis - thanks for the Wisdom of Big Bird. :smile:

Jocelyn - thanks for sharing the writeup and the photos!

--Scott McGuire

Beauregard

Reaction score
Originally posted by fleurchild
I just got back from the book singing in Acton, which was a little weird because his babysitter showed up! But, I took a ton of pictures and had a great time:wink:

The page takes a while to load up...Let me know what you think :smile:
http://www.bigbrother.net/~fleurchild/bigbird.htm
Hey, if you are really nice to Phil. He might let you put this on the site here as an article. Try submitting it to him.

beaker

Reaction score
Wow...I just read Scott's story and pictures, and am very touched. Thog's story was also cool. Mmm, yeah I hope to se more of these stories here!

I am *so* excited about being able to go next Friday. For some reason everywhere I went today, I was reminded of Sesame Street and Oscar. Someone posted that on the NY Daily newspaper Oscar was on the cover...then I went to K Mart to do some errands and they had a bunch of new Oscar stuff(snacks, coloring books, etC) Man, that grouchy green guy gets around!

But yeah, it is so cool when actual real life Muppets do appearences, like Muppetfest, San Diego Comic Con, or the Spinny book signings. Anyways, for anyone in Northern California, I hope you guys can make the Friday signing in the bay!
Maybe we can have a mini Muppetfest^_^;;

Thom

Reaction score
Monday In Atlanta

Truly excited here in Atlanta. I had one chance when visiting New York to visit the set of Sesame Street. I had actually met most of the performers already and the one person I could not wait to meet was Mr. Spinney. And he wasn't there that day. So I was anticipating his signing here and I pick up the paper today to find that he will be here on Monday. But not only that. They say that there will be "an undisclosed guest". Does this mean that it'll be Oscar? Is that how they announced it in other areas? Or should I expect someone else? I mean, this is the home of Steve Whitmire, could he be coming as well? With Kermit perhaps? Or Ernie? Hmmmmmm. Just makes the anticipation more intense. What are your thoughts?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
My thoughts is that, while I'm very excited for you all who get the opportunity to meet Mr. Spinney, I think my thoughts is that I'm very jealous that he isn't coming to Memphis. :grouchy:

Coming down to Atlanta where you actually have a center for puppetry?! WoW!

I wouldn't be surprised of something Whitmire performs didn't show up.

How cool would it be if suddenly Ernie or Kermit begins talking with Oscar?! WOW!!

FOZ

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
Anyone, going to the signing in Naperville, IL?

I'll be there with my mom and sister. I've traveled 6 hours to get back home for the signing.

Scott

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by Ol' Buddy Bert
Anyone, going to the signing in Naperville, IL?
I was trying to get my mom to take me there....but apparently 2 hours there and back is too much for her on a work night.....:cry:....:frown:

Say hi to :grouchy: for me!