Bible Study

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
The gay issue is probably the number one reason why I can’t be a Christian. I had a couple epiphanies in Germany and would call myself an agnostic a bit over an atheist, because honestly, I don’t know what happens next and I don’t see how anyone else does either. It’s probably just nothingness but we’ll see.
I also look to Pascal's wager, where you have nothing to lose if you believe and everything to lose if you don't; by the same token, wouldn't God be able to tell if you were going through the motions just to get to heaven?

Atheism is kinda the total opposite in that you're dooming yourself no matter what, but I guess people believe what they believe.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Going through the motions does not get you into Heaven. Doing good deeds on earth is admirable. But good deeds without faiths meaningless. By that same token, faith without good deeds is equally empty.
I've listened to a number of preachers over time, and one unifying attitude is Trust God, and do good. In equal measures.Do good anywhere you can, helping the poor, elderly, sick, those less fortunate.
Trust God F.or beginners, that's where the leap of faith comes in. Hand your problems over to Him. "God, I'm struggling with this, I can't make it on my own, help me through this".
Being humble.
If pride is what got Lucifer kicked out of Heaven, then trusting d God and being humble must be the way in.

Do we sin? Every day.we get angry, we lie, we hate, we boast,the whole deal. That's why we need His grace. He knows we screw up and fall short of His perfection. So His grace helps us get over.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I also look to Pascal's wager, where you have nothing to lose if you believe and everything to lose if you don't; by the same token, wouldn't God be able to tell if you were going through the motions just to get to heaven?
The whole thing is straight up stupid. Even if Christianity isn’t the ‘right way’, I still could be screwed if another religion actually is. Pascal’s wager isn’t 50/50 but it’s a fun little talking point for conversion attempts.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
My thought is honestly to just practice whatever you're born into or whatever feels right. For all we know all these religions could exist, as it may be too chaotic for everyone to go to one place, so just think of God, Buddha and Allah as your homeroom teachers. 😂 (I've gotten mileage out of this emoji today) The thought of that probably contradicts itself, but who knows; it's all just conjecture at this point anyway.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I've always felt there had to be something bigger than us. Who else could have put the universe in order? Or even the creation of earth. To put us on a planet just close enough to the sun so we don't freeze, yet far enough away so we don't burn up.
And for molecules to line up exactly for DNA to form so life can begin. The odds of all that happening are so astronomical, it couldn't just be a random accident.

mariolover

Reaction score
My parents and my brother are still non-believers. What should I do to try and get them to believe?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The best you can do is be an example. Be kind to others, help wherever you can, pray that God can soften their hearts. And be patient. Things don't always happen overnight.
I've found while I'm waiting, God is making things happen in life.
He may be silent, but He's never still.

mariolover

Reaction score
Any bible verses for dealing with tough times? I've been going through some tough stuff lately.