Bible Study

snichols1973

Reaction score
I didn't understand a word of that.
There are multiple gods (ancient pagan deities worshipped by ancient Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Scandinavians, etc.; with the legends brought back to life in The Mummy 1999, The Scorpion King), Clash of the Titans (the original and the remake), the Percy Jackson films and novels, Thor, featuring Odin, Loki, Frigga, and Sif.

In English-speaking countries, some have made Jedi their religious background...

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
In other words, Allah and Buddha did not die on the cross for our sins. Only Jesus made that sacrifice. And not for just those around 2,000 years ago, but everybody for all time.
Think about how big a price he paid.
For everybody who ever lived, and for everybody yet to be born. Everybody has sinned, everybody yet to be born will sin. But his death on the cross redeemed everybody. Nobody else can make that claim. Not Allah, Buddha, Shinto, Montezuma, nobody.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
The Satanic Temple has nothing to do with Satanism; they are a political activist group using Satanic imagery to try to push boundaries, which is fine and all, but I am not affiliated with them.

mariolover

Reaction score
I know this is a repost of a thread I posted earlier, but I feel like it will get more attention here.
Have any of you ever read the bible? I tried to read it for the first time about a month ago and it's super confusing. Any tips?
Also, with a brother that's gay and atheist, the thought of him going to **** concerns me and part of me doesn't want to accept it, and I still love him and I don't want to hate him for it, but I also want to know the truth for myself, even if it's uncomfortable.

mariolover

Reaction score
I know this is a repost of a thread I posted earlier, but I feel like it will get more attention here.
Have any of you ever read the bible? I tried to read it for the first time about a month ago and it's super confusing. Any tips?
Also, with a brother that's gay and atheist, the thought of him going to **** concerns me and part of me doesn't want to accept it, and I still love him and I don't want to hate him for it, but I also want to know the truth for myself, even if it's uncomfortable.
I used to be the kind of person that completely rejected and denied Christianity and was spiritual but not religious. I still believed in god, but I made up my own version of god that did not send everyone to **** because I believed he was too loving to do that. I believed that when people died they either went to heaven if they lived a good enough life, or got reincarnated if they didn't live good enough. Now I'm trying to figure out what I believe in. I wouldn't call myself a Christian, but I'm at least open to the idea and I don't completely reject it anymore. I am what you would call a "spiritual seeker". I am open to all religions and I've thought about converting to buddhism or the Bahá'í faith before, and now I'm thinking about converting to Christianity. I like to overthink everything, so it's hard for me to figure out, out of all of the different world religions, which one holds the real "truth".

mariolover

Reaction score
I used to be the kind of person that completely rejected and denied Christianity and was spiritual but not religious. I still believed in god, but I made up my own version of god that did not send everyone to **** because I believed he was too loving to do that. I believed that when people died they either went to heaven if they lived a good enough life, or got reincarnated if they didn't live good enough. Now I'm trying to figure out what I believe in. I wouldn't call myself a Christian, but I'm at least open to the idea and I don't completely reject it anymore. I am what you would call a "spiritual seeker". I am open to all religions and I've thought about converting to buddhism or the Bahá'í faith before, and now I'm thinking about converting to Christianity. I like to overthink everything, so it's hard for me to figure out, out of all of the different world religions, which one holds the real "truth".
My parents call themselves Christians, they believe in god, but they are "spiritual but not religious", and have the same concept of god I just mentioned that I used to have. So they never taught me the bible. I kind of wish they did so then I would have less doubts. Of course, calling yourself a Christian doesn't even come close to believing what the bible says. There are many people that call themselves Christian but don't follow what the bible says, like Oprah Winfrey.

mariolover

Reaction score
I also have many friends from high school and other places that are gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender as well, so my brother isn't the only LGBT person I know. I don't want my gay friends or my brother to go to **** either.

I had a youth pastor, and I texted him and said that I didn't want him to show me the bible verses that talk about homosexuality because I had a gay brother and the thought of him going to **** made me uncomfortable, and he told me

"As you grow deeper in your walk with Jesus, it might be a topic you have to explore. The problem with you is that you don't want to read the bible verses that talk about homosexuality for the same reason that gay people don't want to become Christian."