Bezalel These Test Look GREAT!!!

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Thanks renegade! Puppeteering needs some work, but the sets and lighting are looking great. I think the puppets are looking pretty good on film (if i do say so myself). :smile:

mrhogg

Reaction score
They look tremendous!

What did you have to do to fit the eyebrow mechanism in the Troll?

CraftyDen

Reaction score
Fantastic Bezalel!!! The puppets look great...nice work.

Blink

Reaction score
It goes to show people how much of a difference really good puppets can make to a production. Ideally there is a balance between all areas; puppet design, build, puppeteering/performance and script/production. Great job bezalel! Your puppets alone have done a lot for the quality of the BMB production.

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Mrhogg, the eyebrow mech is made of materials you can find in any hobby shop, brass tubing, brass and copper rods, springs, etc. The first step in adding any mech to a puppet head (at least in my experience) is to make sure the area where the mech is to be located has a hard skull or understructure. You need a stationary, stiff area to push or pull against, to attach springs or elastic or even rubber bands. The rest is just simple mechanics and a lot of testing. :smile:

MGov

Reaction score
Looks Great!

What camera did you use?

mrhogg

Reaction score
Cool. Will something like that be showing up as a tutorial at any point? :smile:

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Thanks for comments, everyone!

MGov, I don't know what kind of camera was used. Unfortunately, I wasn't at the filming and I think even if I was I probably wouldn't have given the camera a second look! :crazy: You can probably contact Big Magic Book through their blog. I'm sure they know and would share.

mrhogg and RubbeRoomStudio, I'm not against the idea. :smile: I'll add it to the list!